Suspended prison sentence for Kilburn man, 22, who groomed schoolgirl on Facebook
- Credit: central news
A 22-year-old man from Kilburn who groomed an underage schoolgirl on Facebook has walked free from court today after being banned from all social media websites.
Mansoor Miah, of Hilgrove Road, invited the 15-year-old to meet him for sex at a hotel in Kent, after he chatted to her on the social media site in November 2013.
Southwark Crown Court heard he also sent the youngster lewd photos and asked her to Skype him so he could pleasure himself in front of her.
Miah, who worked in the Brent Cross branch of Tesco but has since been sacked, began sending the girl selfies of his naked body asking her to ‘rate my abs’ and asked her to send images of herself in return although she never complied.
A week after making contact with the child, he tried to coax her into meeting him at a hotel.
The court heard the girl had previously exchanged sexualized communications with other people on line and her family had been so concerned they had confiscated all her electronic devices.
At an earlier trial, he admitted one charge of attempting to meet a child following sexual grooming.
- 1 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
- 2 Residents lose appeal to save Brent leisure centre
- 3 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 4 Brent LTN removal set to be financed from 'existing council budgets'
- 5 Kensal Rise backstreets 'clogged with unused buses' group says
- 6 Covid patient numbers in Brent hospitals remains steady
- 7 Sudbury: Plan for 52 one-bed flats falls through after appeal
- 8 Shocking reality of Brent housing crisis shown in new data
- 9 Brent Mosque vaccinates 10,000th person
- 10 Lexi Cinema: Hostile documentary 'shows effect of Theresa May policy'
Sentencing him to 16 months imprisonment suspended for two years, Judge Nicolas
Loraine-Smith said: “There’s no evidence that you are a predatory paedophile, the fact that you didn’t try again allows me to accept the fact you are remorseful for your behaviour months before the police intervened.”
Miah is also barred from all social media, and his only allowed to access the internet for his personal use with one named electronic device that is constantly available to the police or a probation officer for inspection.
He must attend a sexual offences prevention programme and report to the probation service for the next two years.