Suspected cannibal killer Luka Magnotta lived in Wembley last year
Canadian porn star is at the centre of an international manhunt
A suspected cannibal killer and animal torturer who is at the centre of an international manhunt lived in Wembley for a short period.
Detectives across the globe are searching for Luka Magnotta, 29, after a male torso was discovered near his Montreal apartment in Canada.
It has emerged that the alleged murderer who reportedly filmed a python eating a kitten was staying in a room above a pub in Wembley last year.
The chilling footage which sparked outrage when it was uploaded in December shows a huge Burmese snake slowly strangle and swallow the helpless cat.
You may also want to watch:
A man suggested to be Magnotta feeds the defenceless animal to the reptile and drowns out the agonising cries by playing Christmas song Little Drummer Boy.
The person who uploaded the film was registered to an Islington address.
- 1 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 2 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 3 View from the community - 'Could another riot happen?'
- 4 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 5 Former Brent school boy Tom Dean beats Covid to win Gold at the Tokyo Olympics
- 6 Letter on banning wearing of religious symbols
- 7 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 8 Tom Dean wins second Tokyo 2020 gold with 4x200m relay victory
- 9 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 10 Letter on Kilburn Square
Journalists from a national newspaper allege that Magnotta produced the disturbing video and confronted him in December while he was staying in Wembley.
Magnotta, who is believed to be a pornographic actor, returned home to Canada shortly before Christmas.
But before leaving he reportedly said: “I’ll be back — and this time the victims won’t be animals.”
Magnotta is also claimed to be behind other sadistic animal torture film including ones where a kitten is suffocated in a plastic food bag.
A Met Police spokesman said: “Officers from Islington investigated the origin of this video and others linked to it and they were found to have been posted from somewhere in North America.
“Therefore, no crime could be proven to have been committed within the jurisdiction of the Met. During the initial stages of the investigation, officers liaised with the RSPCA.”
Magnotta is now wanted for murder after a headless body was found in a suitcase dumped in rubbish behind his flat.
The incident is connected to a severed hand and foot mailed to the offices to Conservative and Liberal Democrat party headquarters in Canada and a sadistic 10-minute film showing a man being dismembered and sexually abused.
The body is believed to be his 33-year-old boyfriend Chinese student Lin Jun.
Magnotta has been placed Interpol’s most wanted list.
There are fears he may be heading back to London.