Supermarket till burglars who targeted stores in Brent are jailed
- Credit: Archant
Two burglars who targeted supermarket tills across London and the south of England including stores in Brent have been jailed.
Bradley Pogmore, 32, and Lee Baker, 38, both of no fixed address, walked into six stores together and a further 11 individually where they broke into a till and stole between £50 to £585 each time.
The pair carried out their crime spree between January 6 and May 3 this year with
Baker pocketing £189 after targeting a Sainsbury’s store in Ealing Road, Alperton, on April 16.
Both stole £507 from a till in the Aldi store in Kingsbury Road, Kingsbury, five days later.
You may also want to watch:
Baker was arrested on May 21 and charged with eight counts of burglary.
Pogmore was apprehended eight days later and charged with 15 counts.
- 1 Immigration status forces Brent homeless back on the streets
- 2 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 3 Raheem Sterling sends good luck message ahead of Wembley Super League
- 4 New Italian restaurant licence in Kensal Green approved
- 5 Four further arrests in connection with Sven Badzak stabbing
- 6 The Old Bell reopens in Kilburn with a much larger beer garden
- 7 Cancer Black Care saved from closure with new funding
- 8 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
- 9 Litter crusader launches mission to clean up Wembley
- 10 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
They pleaded guilty in August and on Monday were sentenced at Croydon Crown Court.
Pogmore was jailed for 20 months and Baker 18 months.
Detective Constable Aaron Hobbs, from Croydon CID, who investigated the case, said: “The pair were prolific thieves and it was because we recognised Pogmore from having committed previous offences at the store in Purley Way, that we were able to then link the two of them to this series of burglaries.
“They both have a history of similar offending and the judge has taken this into account in the length of their sentence.”