‘Super recogniser’ sends Cricklewood burglar to jail
- Credit: Archant
A burglar from Cricklewood has been jailed after an eagle-eyed ‘super recogniser’ officer spotted him a year after he committed his crime.
Barret Ansari, 31, of Ebbsfleet Road, broke into a house in Walm Lane and fled with a handbag taken from the hallway in July 2012.
A CCTV image taken of him by the property’s cameras was circulated with his name but he escaped justice until the police officer was viewing an intelligence briefing and spotted him last August
Ansari, who was in jail at the time, was arrested and subsequently charged with burglary.
He initially denied the charge but changed his mind before the jury were due to consider their verdict.
You may also want to watch:
Last week at Harrow Crown Court he was jailed for three years.
DC Lial Sharland, investigating officer, said: “We have a number of images in circulation that are constantly being reviewed.
- 1 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 2 Immigration status forces Brent homeless back on the streets
- 3 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
- 4 Litter crusader launches mission to clean up Wembley
- 5 QPR motivated by 'nothing to play for' talk says Warburton
- 6 Man taken to hospital following fire in Willesden
- 7 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 8 The Old Bell reopens in Kilburn with a much larger beer garden
- 9 Woman and child in hospital after carbon monoxide leak in Harlesden
- 10 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
“This case sends a message out to offenders that if you are committing offences you could be recognised at any time.”