‘Super recogniser’ sends Cricklewood burglar to jail
- Credit: Archant
A burglar from Cricklewood has been jailed after an eagle-eyed ‘super recogniser’ officer spotted him a year after he committed his crime.
Barret Ansari, 31, of Ebbsfleet Road, broke into a house in Walm Lane and fled with a handbag taken from the hallway in July 2012.
A CCTV image taken of him by the property’s cameras was circulated with his name but he escaped justice until the police officer was viewing an intelligence briefing and spotted him last August
Ansari, who was in jail at the time, was arrested and subsequently charged with burglary.
He initially denied the charge but changed his mind before the jury were due to consider their verdict.
You may also want to watch:
Last week at Harrow Crown Court he was jailed for three years.
DC Lial Sharland, investigating officer, said: “We have a number of images in circulation that are constantly being reviewed.
- 1 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 2 Third stabbing in Neasden as murder investigation under way
- 3 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 4 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 5 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer
- 6 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 7 Disabled Wembley cyclist calls for more inclusivity on Brent's roads
- 8 Pensioner dies after crashing into a wall in Kenton
- 9 Wembley tutor takes to Instagram to help with homeschooling
- 10 Man dies after stabbing in Brent
“This case sends a message out to offenders that if you are committing offences you could be recognised at any time.”