‘Super recogniser’ sends Cricklewood burglar to jail
- Credit: Archant
A burglar from Cricklewood has been jailed after an eagle-eyed ‘super recogniser’ officer spotted him a year after he committed his crime.
Barret Ansari, 31, of Ebbsfleet Road, broke into a house in Walm Lane and fled with a handbag taken from the hallway in July 2012.
A CCTV image taken of him by the property’s cameras was circulated with his name but he escaped justice until the police officer was viewing an intelligence briefing and spotted him last August
Ansari, who was in jail at the time, was arrested and subsequently charged with burglary.
He initially denied the charge but changed his mind before the jury were due to consider their verdict.
Last week at Harrow Crown Court he was jailed for three years.
DC Lial Sharland, investigating officer, said: “We have a number of images in circulation that are constantly being reviewed.
- 1 Two charged after police discharge taser during Kingsbury vehicle stop
- 2 2 men attacked by group after fight breaks out at Queensbury Tube Station
- 3 Three Met officers receive written warning over photos of murdered sisters
- 4 Road closed after man's death in Willesden
- 5 Harlesden shop fire 'caused by barbecue'
- 6 Most wanted: 7 people sought in connection with 11 robberies across London
- 7 Complaints of 'chaos' after Harry Styles' Wembley gigs
- 8 Jailed: Kilburn man linked to 8 knifepoint robberies in St John's Wood area
- 9 Plea date set for men accused of fatal stabbing in Neasden
- 10 Neasden stabbing: Man charged with St Raphael's estate murder
“This case sends a message out to offenders that if you are committing offences you could be recognised at any time.”