‘Super recogniser’ sends Cricklewood burglar to jail
- Credit: Archant
A burglar from Cricklewood has been jailed after an eagle-eyed ‘super recogniser’ officer spotted him a year after he committed his crime.
Barret Ansari, 31, of Ebbsfleet Road, broke into a house in Walm Lane and fled with a handbag taken from the hallway in July 2012.
A CCTV image taken of him by the property’s cameras was circulated with his name but he escaped justice until the police officer was viewing an intelligence briefing and spotted him last August
Ansari, who was in jail at the time, was arrested and subsequently charged with burglary.
He initially denied the charge but changed his mind before the jury were due to consider their verdict.
You may also want to watch:
Last week at Harrow Crown Court he was jailed for three years.
DC Lial Sharland, investigating officer, said: “We have a number of images in circulation that are constantly being reviewed.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 3 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 4 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 5 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 6 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 7 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 8 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 9 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 10 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
“This case sends a message out to offenders that if you are committing offences you could be recognised at any time.”