‘Super recogniser’ sends Cricklewood burglar to jail
- Credit: Archant
A burglar from Cricklewood has been jailed after an eagle-eyed ‘super recogniser’ officer spotted him a year after he committed his crime.
Barret Ansari, 31, of Ebbsfleet Road, broke into a house in Walm Lane and fled with a handbag taken from the hallway in July 2012.
A CCTV image taken of him by the property’s cameras was circulated with his name but he escaped justice until the police officer was viewing an intelligence briefing and spotted him last August
Ansari, who was in jail at the time, was arrested and subsequently charged with burglary.
He initially denied the charge but changed his mind before the jury were due to consider their verdict.
Last week at Harrow Crown Court he was jailed for three years.
DC Lial Sharland, investigating officer, said: “We have a number of images in circulation that are constantly being reviewed.
- 1 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 2 New Brent baby bank to support 40 families per week
- 3 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 4 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 5 'Security alert' at Willesden Junction causing severe delays on TfL network
- 6 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 7 Wembley fitness instructor stopped man taking his own life
- 8 Man stabbed in Harlesden High Street
- 9 Almost 800 homes to be built next to Wembley Stadium
- 10 'A national shame': Damning review of Euro 2020 final chaos
“This case sends a message out to offenders that if you are committing offences you could be recognised at any time.”