Sudbury shooting: Murder victim named by police as Romario Green
- Credit: Archant
A man who was shot dead outside a pub in Sudbury has been named today by police as Romario Green.
The 20-year-old was gunned down yards away from the Sudbury Swan in Harrow Road, last Thursday just after midnight.
A post mortem showed he was shot in the chest.
Detective Inspector Julie Willats, from the Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command, is keen to speak to anyone who saw a light coloured Ford Focus which was driving in the area shortly before the killing.
She said: “The vehicle was distinctive in that it had blacked out rear windows and large ‘21-spoke’ alloy wheels. If you know anything about this vehicle or the occupants then please get in touch as soon as possible.”
You may also want to watch:
She is also asking for anyone who was in the Harrow Road, Saunderton Road, Fishers Way and Williams Way areas and hour before Mr Green was shoot and an hour after to come forward.
She added: “This is a very sad incident and police are committed to working with the community, local authority and other partners to keep people safe. The Safer Neighbourhoods teams will be speaking with local residents as part of this appeal.”
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 4 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 5 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 6 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 7 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 8 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 9 Mayhew staff cull risk as animal charity is 'restructured'
- 10 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed
Anyone with information should call 020 8358 0100 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.