Sudbury murder: Trial of man accused of killing Romario Green begins
- Credit: Archant
A killer fled to Spain after blasting a rival in the chest with a sawn-off shotgun in a street in Sudbury, a court heard.
Denny De Silva, 23, is claimed to have shot dead 20 year-old Romario Green in a ‘targeted attack’ near The Swan pub in Harrow Road on July 2 last year.
The Old Bailey heard Mr Green was hit with at least 99 pellets in the chest and throat and bled to death after staggering into a nearby alleyway.
CCTV footage showed Mr Green brandishing a knife while chasing after a car containing De Silva and two other men shortly before he was shot, jurors were told.
Prosecutor Anthony Orchard QC told jurors: “This was a targeted attack as a result of at least one or two incidents between two groups of youths.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Green, who used the street name ‘Mario’, had spent the evening with friends on the nearby Fishers Way estate before they ‘came into contact’ with De Silva and his pals, who were driving a silver Ford Focus, the court heard.
Police investigations show the car travelled to Luton, where De Silva lived, in the early hours July 2.
- 1 Brent Council writes off nearly £2m owed in bad debts
- 2 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 3 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 4 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 5 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 6 Kilburn welcomes back eager gym-goers
- 7 Prospect House eviction: Families struggle to move out
- 8 Hope for the Welsh Harp
- 9 Kilburn High Road traders see a slow return to business on April 12
- 10 We didn't stand up insists QPR boss Warburton in Rotherham defeat
It was found burnt out three days later,
The same day police discovered a bag containing four shotgun cartridges at an address linked to a 21 year-old suspect registered on the insurance certificate for the car.
The cartridges were linked to Mr Green’s killing, the court heard.
A week later police recovered a sawn-off shotgun outside a flat used by the girlfriend of De Silva’s brother in Westbourne Park, it is claimed.
De Silva was arrested in Spain in August last year.
He denies murder, possession of a prohibited firearm, and possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life.
The trial continues.