Sudbury man accused of raping woman after claiming he was Chelsea striker Loic Remy
- Credit: Archant
A Sudbury man pretended to be Chelsea striker Loic Remy before he raped a woman in her own home, a court heard today.
Andrew Robinson, 37, of Rosebank Avenue, met the alleged victim who is in her 60s during a night out at a wine bar in Eastcote, jurors at the the Old Bailey were told.
They took a taxi back to her home with Reading FC scout Paul Roche for a coffee in July 2014, jurors heard.
Nineka Akudolu, prosecuting, said: “It was here that Robinson started to act a little bit strange.
“He kept saying that he was a famous footballer, Loic Remy, and while Paul Roche thought he had a possible resemblance to this individual he knew it wasn’t him.”
Mr Roche challenged him but Robinson ‘started to get intimidating’, the court heard.
When Mr Roche left, she asked Robinson to leave too, but he asked to use the toilet.
- 1 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in north London
- 2 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 3 Trial date for men charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 4 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 5 Cricklewood estate reports 'major vermin' problem
- 6 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 7 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 8 Baby among three rescued from Willesden flat fire
- 9 Call for pictures of your Platinum Jubilee street parties and celebrations
- 10 Second man charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
The alleged victim then went into her bedroom and came out to find Robinson standing naked, jurors were told.
She asked ‘What are you doing?’ And he pushed her back into her bedroom before raping her, it is claimed.
The alleged victim kept struggling and asked: “Why are you picking on an old woman?, the court heard.
Robinson was not arrested until December 2014 and claimed they had consensual sex.
The alleged victim said she was left with bruises over her arms and neck after the attack.
She told the court: “I can’t scream, I can only shout but nobody came.
“I just went numb and then he stopped.”
She said that when they were at the bar he claimed to play for QPR.
French international Remy is paid £3.9 million a year to play for Chelsea.
Robinson denies rape and the trial continues.