Sudbury man accused of raping woman after claiming he was Chelsea striker Loic Remy
- Credit: Archant
A Sudbury man pretended to be Chelsea striker Loic Remy before he raped a woman in her own home, a court heard today.
Andrew Robinson, 37, of Rosebank Avenue, met the alleged victim who is in her 60s during a night out at a wine bar in Eastcote, jurors at the the Old Bailey were told.
They took a taxi back to her home with Reading FC scout Paul Roche for a coffee in July 2014, jurors heard.
Nineka Akudolu, prosecuting, said: “It was here that Robinson started to act a little bit strange.
“He kept saying that he was a famous footballer, Loic Remy, and while Paul Roche thought he had a possible resemblance to this individual he knew it wasn’t him.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Roche challenged him but Robinson ‘started to get intimidating’, the court heard.
When Mr Roche left, she asked Robinson to leave too, but he asked to use the toilet.
- 1 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 2 Pictures: Snow arrives covering Gladstone Park and Neasden Temple
- 3 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 4 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 5 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 6 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 7 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 8 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer
- 9 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 10 Brent residents face £100 council tax hike for Band D property
The alleged victim then went into her bedroom and came out to find Robinson standing naked, jurors were told.
She asked ‘What are you doing?’ And he pushed her back into her bedroom before raping her, it is claimed.
The alleged victim kept struggling and asked: “Why are you picking on an old woman?, the court heard.
Robinson was not arrested until December 2014 and claimed they had consensual sex.
The alleged victim said she was left with bruises over her arms and neck after the attack.
She told the court: “I can’t scream, I can only shout but nobody came.
“I just went numb and then he stopped.”
She said that when they were at the bar he claimed to play for QPR.
French international Remy is paid £3.9 million a year to play for Chelsea.
Robinson denies rape and the trial continues.