Stonebridge man admits killing his ex-girlfriend hours after raping a woman in Neasden
- Credit: Archant
Marvin Samuels stabbed Sharlana Diedrick to death and carried out sex attack at the Welsh Harp reservoir
A man from Stonebridge has admitted stabbing his ex-girlfriend to death and raping a woman hours before the killing.
Marvin Samuels, 31, of Conduit Way, knifed 32-year-old Sharlana Diedrick on September 29 last year.
The Old Bailey heard today that the body of the mother-of-four was found in a parked car in Wybourne Way, Stonebridge.
During the brief hearing Samuels, who appeared via videolink from Broadmoor psychiatric hospital, also admitted attacking and raping a stranger, who cannot be identified, at the Welsh Harp reservoir in Neasden, earlier the same day.
You may also want to watch:
He pleaded guilty to manslaughter on the basis of diminished responsibility, rape and wounding with intent but denies murder and attempted murder.
His barrister, Nicholas Corsellis, told the court: “The question of the homicide is not an issue.
- 1 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 2 Olympic Steps to Wembley Stadium unveiled
- 3 Prospect House eviction: Families struggle to move out
- 4 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 5 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 6 Brent Council writes off nearly £2m owed in bad debts
- 7 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 8 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 9 Willesden residents say 'no' to new betting shop
- 10 Mixed feelings for residents and workers as crowds return to Wembley
“The defence advanced is that this man is guilty of manslaughter on the basis of diminished responsibility.
“That obviously will be the trial issue.”
He will face trial on the murder and attempted murder charges on September 25.
Miss Diedrick, who was living in Watford, was born in Derby and spent most of her childhood there before moving to London.
She had two sons and two daughters aged between three and 14.