Stonebridge man admits killing his ex-girlfriend hours after raping a woman in Neasden
- Credit: Archant
Marvin Samuels stabbed Sharlana Diedrick to death and carried out sex attack at the Welsh Harp reservoir
A man from Stonebridge has admitted stabbing his ex-girlfriend to death and raping a woman hours before the killing.
Marvin Samuels, 31, of Conduit Way, knifed 32-year-old Sharlana Diedrick on September 29 last year.
The Old Bailey heard today that the body of the mother-of-four was found in a parked car in Wybourne Way, Stonebridge.
During the brief hearing Samuels, who appeared via videolink from Broadmoor psychiatric hospital, also admitted attacking and raping a stranger, who cannot be identified, at the Welsh Harp reservoir in Neasden, earlier the same day.
He pleaded guilty to manslaughter on the basis of diminished responsibility, rape and wounding with intent but denies murder and attempted murder.
His barrister, Nicholas Corsellis, told the court: “The question of the homicide is not an issue.
- 1 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 2 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 3 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 4 Second man charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 5 Police officer sacked after she 'failed' woman murdered by husband
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Jailed: 7 north London offenders put behind bars in April
- 8 Report shows how much councils spend on electric vehicle chargers
- 9 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 10 ‘Hello, Wembley’: New stage launch kicks off summer of live music
“The defence advanced is that this man is guilty of manslaughter on the basis of diminished responsibility.
“That obviously will be the trial issue.”
He will face trial on the murder and attempted murder charges on September 25.
Miss Diedrick, who was living in Watford, was born in Derby and spent most of her childhood there before moving to London.
She had two sons and two daughters aged between three and 14.