Murder investigation launched after teen fatally stabbed in Wembley
- Credit: David Nathan/999London
A murder investigation has been launched after a teenager was fatally stabbed in Wembley.
The Met Police were called by the London Ambulance Service to Preston Road at about 11.30pm on Thursday (February 18) after a 16-year-old boy had been knifed.
Although he was treated at the scene and taken to hospital, he died shortly before 9am.
His next of kin have been informed and a post-mortem examination will take place in due course.
On Friday, buses were disrupted around the crime scene, which is on Preston Road between the junctions of Logan Road and The Avenue.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made.
Ch Supt Sara Leach said: "It is another tragedy that a boy of just 16 years old has died as the result of a knife crime.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 4 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 5 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 6 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 7 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 8 Man admits killing Kilburn waiter to end his days 'banged up' court hears
- 9 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 10 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
"My thoughts are with his family at this time and my officers, alongside homicide detectives, are doing everything they can to identify and arrest those responsible."
She said there will now be "enhanced reassurance patrols" around the Preston Road area.
Anyone with any information about the incident is asked to call police on 101, with reference CAD 8167/18Feb.