St John’s Wood woman charged with attempting to murder her boyfriend
- Credit: Archant
A woman from St John’s Wood has been charged with attempting to murder her boyfriend by stabbing him at their home.
Tanya Byrne, 35, of Belgrave Gardens, is claimed to have knifed Lee Tyler on July 1 this year.
Last week she appeared at Southwark Crown Court via videolink from HMP Bornzefield where she is on remand.
She is facing a single charge of attempted murder following the alleged attack.
Prosecutor Angus Bunyan said: “The attempted murder relates to injuries sustained by her partner which are extremely serious potentially and seem to have been inflicted by a knife.
You may also want to watch:
“That is basically the Crown’s case.”
During the brief hearing she spoke only to confirm her name and has yet to enter a plea to the charge, although a not guilty plea is expected.
- 1 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 2 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 3 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 4 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 5 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent cafe revealed
- 6 Mark Warburton insists QPR on right track despite Bristol City defeat
- 7 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 8 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 9 Hospitality Day: Your favourite restaurant... REVEALED
- 10 'Erratic, violent' man given indefinite hospital order for killing 'friendly' neighbour in Wembley
She will return to Southwark Crown Court on September 28 to enter her plea.
A trial, estimated to last up to two weeks, is fixed for November 30 this year.