St John’s Wood woman charged with attempting to murder her boyfriend
- Credit: Archant
A woman from St John’s Wood has been charged with attempting to murder her boyfriend by stabbing him at their home.
Tanya Byrne, 35, of Belgrave Gardens, is claimed to have knifed Lee Tyler on July 1 this year.
Last week she appeared at Southwark Crown Court via videolink from HMP Bornzefield where she is on remand.
She is facing a single charge of attempted murder following the alleged attack.
Prosecutor Angus Bunyan said: “The attempted murder relates to injuries sustained by her partner which are extremely serious potentially and seem to have been inflicted by a knife.
You may also want to watch:
“That is basically the Crown’s case.”
During the brief hearing she spoke only to confirm her name and has yet to enter a plea to the charge, although a not guilty plea is expected.
- 1 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
- 2 Reward offered after drone stolen in Wembley
- 3 Wealdstone thrashed by league leaders Hartlepool United
- 4 Warburton: Dieng played on with broken nose before red card
- 5 QPR move into top 10 with win at Middlesbrough despite Dieng dismissal
- 6 Vaccine bus launched in Brent to increase take up
- 7 Olympic Steps to Wembley Stadium unveiled
- 8 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 9 Mixed feelings for residents and workers as crowds return to Wembley
- 10 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
She will return to Southwark Crown Court on September 28 to enter her plea.
A trial, estimated to last up to two weeks, is fixed for November 30 this year.