St John’s Wood woman charged with attempting to murder her boyfriend
- Credit: Archant
A woman from St John’s Wood has been charged with attempting to murder her boyfriend by stabbing him at their home.
Tanya Byrne, 35, of Belgrave Gardens, is claimed to have knifed Lee Tyler on July 1 this year.
Last week she appeared at Southwark Crown Court via videolink from HMP Bornzefield where she is on remand.
She is facing a single charge of attempted murder following the alleged attack.
Prosecutor Angus Bunyan said: “The attempted murder relates to injuries sustained by her partner which are extremely serious potentially and seem to have been inflicted by a knife.
You may also want to watch:
“That is basically the Crown’s case.”
During the brief hearing she spoke only to confirm her name and has yet to enter a plea to the charge, although a not guilty plea is expected.
- 1 Two arrested in connection with fatal Neasden stabbing
- 2 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 3 Man dies after stabbing in Brent
- 4 Wembley tutor takes to Instagram to help with homeschooling
- 5 Fourteen fined for lockdown breach after car meet in Park Royal
- 6 QPR have match postponed at home to Wycombe due to Covid-19 precautions
- 7 Brent councillor calls for improved social distancing in supermarkets
- 8 Wealdstone boss Brennan dubbed Gloucester City a 'very ambitious' club
- 9 'We need you to stay at home' - Northwick Park Hospital
- 10 Interactive Harlesden exhibition aims to make art more accessible
She will return to Southwark Crown Court on September 28 to enter her plea.
A trial, estimated to last up to two weeks, is fixed for November 30 this year.