St John’s Wood woman charged with attempting to murder her boyfriend
- Credit: Archant
A woman from St John’s Wood has been charged with attempting to murder her boyfriend by stabbing him at their home.
Tanya Byrne, 35, of Belgrave Gardens, is claimed to have knifed Lee Tyler on July 1 this year.
Last week she appeared at Southwark Crown Court via videolink from HMP Bornzefield where she is on remand.
She is facing a single charge of attempted murder following the alleged attack.
Prosecutor Angus Bunyan said: “The attempted murder relates to injuries sustained by her partner which are extremely serious potentially and seem to have been inflicted by a knife.
“That is basically the Crown’s case.”
During the brief hearing she spoke only to confirm her name and has yet to enter a plea to the charge, although a not guilty plea is expected.
- 1 Call for investment in 'joke' Harlesden park
- 2 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 3 Police officer sacked after she 'failed' woman murdered by husband
- 4 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 5 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 6 Labour accused of 'power grab' move over committee appointments
- 7 Second man charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 8 Northwick Park NHS Trust still 'requires improvement'
- 9 TfL consultation opens on plans to extend ULEZ into Greater London
- 10 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
She will return to Southwark Crown Court on September 28 to enter her plea.
A trial, estimated to last up to two weeks, is fixed for November 30 this year.