St John’s Wood stabbing: Two arrested as police link killing with Queen’s Park knife attack
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been arrested on suspicion of murder after a 20 year-old man was killed overnight in Boundary Road, St John’s Wood.
The men, aged 23 and 20, respectively, were arrested at a property in Shirland Road, north Maida Vale.
Another man was stabbed in the incident, while Scotland Yard said they were also treating a stabbing in Lancefield Street, Queen's Park as connected.
Police were called to Boundary Road at 11.45 last night where they found the 20 year-old, who has yet to be named, and a 22 year-old with stab injuries.
The younger man was pronounced dead in hospital less than an hour later.
You may also want to watch:
The 22 year-old was not critically injured but remains in a serious but stable condition in hospital.
Officers have informed the dead man's next of kin, who are being supported by specialist officers, and a post-mortem examination and formal identification will be arranged in due course.
- 1 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 2 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 3 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 4 Pictures: Snow arrives covering Gladstone Park and Neasden Temple
- 5 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 6 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 7 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer
- 8 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 9 Brent residents face £100 council tax hike for Band D property
- 10 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
At 12.01am this morning, the police were also called to Lancefield Street, where a 20 year old was found with a stab wound to his leg. He has also been taken to hospital where his condition is not thought to be life-threatening.
Enquiries continue to establish the link between the two incidents.
Det Ch Insp. Simon Stancombe from the Met's Specialist Crime team is now leading the investigation.
He said: "My team is working hard to establish the circumstances of this violent incident, and our thoughts and condolences are with the family of the man who died last night.
"The two arrests were made following an armed stop of a blue, Audi A3 in the early hours of this morning in Shirland Road.
"This has already been a fast paced investigation and these efforts will continue throughout the coming hours and days."
Anyone with information about the fatal stabbing in Boundary Road, or the man found injured in Lancefield Street, is asked to call police on 101 quoting CAD 10016/July25 or the incident room on 0208 358 0200.
To remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit fearless.org.