South Kilburn teenager arrested in connection with Mozart Estate drive-by shooting
Youth is being questioned after 21-year-old shot in chest and abdomen
A teenage boy has been arrested in connection with a drive-by shooting on the Mozart Estate on Wednesday afternoon.
The 17-year-old from South Kilburn is being questioned after a 21-year-old man was shot in the chest and abdomen as he stood at the junction of Third Avenue and Bruckner Street in Queen’s Park, at around 3.50pm.
He was rushed to hospital in a critical condition but has since improved and is stable.
Officers from Operation Trident, the Met’s specialist team that investigates gun crime in the capital, arrested the youth yesterday evening (Thursday).
You may also want to watch:
Detective Chief Inspector Mick Foote, who is investigating the shooting, has made an appeal for a group of up to 10 men who were with the victim when the shooting happened to come forward.
He is also appealing for anyone with information to contact him.
- 1 Man rushed to hospital after shooting in Dudden Hill
- 2 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 3 Police 'determined' to find Wembley man who failed to appear at court
- 4 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 5 Mother of newborn baby found in Willesden canal urged to seek medical help
- 6 Three men charged after police officer injured in traffic stop
- 7 Body of newborn baby found in Grand Union Canal in Willesden
- 8 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 9 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 10 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
He said: “I would urge anyone who saw the shooting or may have information about those involved, to come forward.
“I am particularly keen to trace a group of young men who we believe may have been close to the scene at the time.”
The shooting is speculated to have been fuelled by rivalry between youths living on the Mozart Estate and their counterparts in nearby South Kilburn.
In September, the estate was rocked when three young women, including a teenage mother cradling her baby, were injured after a gunman shot into a crowd.
The 18-year-old was holding her 11-month-old son in John Fearon Walk when she was hit in the neck by pellets from the bullet.
A 17-year-old girl and a 19-year-old woman were also injured.
Anyone with information about either shootings can call the investigation team on 020 8733 4774 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.