South Kilburn drug dealer Romarne Young jailed for three years
- Credit: Archant
A South Kilburn rapper has been jailed for three years after police stopped a car he was travelling in and found cocaine and mobile phones with evidence of his drug dealing on them.
Romarne Young, 24, of Stafford Road, who is also a rapper known as Hurricane, was sentenced at Harrow Crown Court today for offering to supply crack cocaine and heroin and possession of cocaine.
The charges followed an investigation by Brent Gangs Unit.
The court heard that at 7.40pm on August 27, officers in Albert Road, Kilburn spotted a blue Audi car acting suspiciously.
They stopped the vehicle and Young was found inside with two mobile phones in his hands.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Scotland Yard said: “The vehicle was then searched and cocaine was found under the driver’s seat. The 24-year-old driver attempted to flee the scene but was detained.”
When police searched the driver, they found cannabis concealed in his mouth and his mobile phone.
- 1 Mum's 'desperate' fundraiser as 15 families face eviction in Stonebridge
- 2 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 3 Election candidate 'should be disqualified' for lockdown visit, say opposition
- 4 Estate agents volunteer at Wembley Park's Covid vaccine centre
- 5 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 6 Pictures: Snow arrives covering Gladstone Park and Neasden Temple
- 7 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 8 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 9 Health chief praises staff 'flying' across Brent and Camden to vaccinate housebound residents
- 10 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
Text messages on the mobile phones of both the driver and Romarne Young identified them as supplying drugs.
They were both arrested on suspicion of supplying drugs.
Investigating officer, Det Con Jo Trist from the Brent Gangs Unit said: “I am pleased with the sentence given. Young played a significant role in the supply of drugs across London. I hope the sentence handed down will give him adequate time to reflect on his criminal activity”.
The 24-year-old driver was charged with obstructing a search of the vehicle and possession of Cannabis. He was jailed for eight weeks at Hendon Magistrates’ court on August 29.