South Kilburn drug dealer Romarne Young jailed for three years
- Credit: Archant
A South Kilburn rapper has been jailed for three years after police stopped a car he was travelling in and found cocaine and mobile phones with evidence of his drug dealing on them.
Romarne Young, 24, of Stafford Road, who is also a rapper known as Hurricane, was sentenced at Harrow Crown Court today for offering to supply crack cocaine and heroin and possession of cocaine.
The charges followed an investigation by Brent Gangs Unit.
The court heard that at 7.40pm on August 27, officers in Albert Road, Kilburn spotted a blue Audi car acting suspiciously.
They stopped the vehicle and Young was found inside with two mobile phones in his hands.
A spokesman for Scotland Yard said: “The vehicle was then searched and cocaine was found under the driver’s seat. The 24-year-old driver attempted to flee the scene but was detained.”
When police searched the driver, they found cannabis concealed in his mouth and his mobile phone.
- 1 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
- 2 Teenager killed in Stonebridge after collision with a car
- 3 Below-par QPR found a way to win at Coventry says Warburton
- 4 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 5 Brent LTN removal set to be financed from 'existing council budgets'
- 6 Sudbury: Plan for 52 one-bed flats falls through after appeal
- 7 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
- 8 Residents lose appeal to save Brent leisure centre
- 9 Wembley man who used child to sell drugs due in court
- 10 Adomah's late goal wins it for QPR at Coventry
Text messages on the mobile phones of both the driver and Romarne Young identified them as supplying drugs.
They were both arrested on suspicion of supplying drugs.
Investigating officer, Det Con Jo Trist from the Brent Gangs Unit said: “I am pleased with the sentence given. Young played a significant role in the supply of drugs across London. I hope the sentence handed down will give him adequate time to reflect on his criminal activity”.
The 24-year-old driver was charged with obstructing a search of the vehicle and possession of Cannabis. He was jailed for eight weeks at Hendon Magistrates’ court on August 29.