South Hampstead physiotherapy practice owner jailed for sex attacks on two women
- Credit: Archant
A perverted physiotherapy practice owner from South Hampstead who sexually assaulted two women when they visited for a job interview has been jailed.
Mohammed Reza Abbasi, 45, of Goldhurst Terrace, carried out his attacks after claiming he could heal by using hypnosis at his business premises in Finchley Road.
Blackfriars Crown Court heard his victim, aged 27, had visited the practice on March 7 last year after responding to an advertisement for a secretary.
During her interview Abbasi touched her legs before kissing her twice on the lips.
Two days later he struck again by putting his hands on the stomach of another interviewee, a 35-year-old woman, and touching her between her legs.
You may also want to watch:
He also tried to kiss her while holding her hand.
Abbasi was convicted of two counts of sexual assault and jailed for two years.
- 1 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 2 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 3 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 4 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 5 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 6 View from the community - 'Could another riot happen?'
- 7 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 8 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 9 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 10 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
He was also placed on the sex offenders’ registers for 10 years and must pay £100 victims surcharge.
Despite running a practice, Abbasi was not registered with the Health and Care Professions Council, the professional regulator, as required by law.
Nor was he a member of the industry trade union the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy.
Appealing for any other victims of Abbasi to come forward, Det Con Chris Sains, of Camden police, said: “I urge anyone who is a victim of any form of abuse to contact police so others do not become victims.
“This is a man who used his alleged profession and business to advertise for a secretarial position and subsequently assaulted female applicants during the process.
“Despite his clean cut, smart appearance and charm, he is a clear danger to women.”