Smoke alarm alerts sleeping residents to fire in Cricklewood flat
Sleeping residents living in a flat conversion in Cricklewood managed to escape with their lives after a smoke alarm alerted them to a fire in their building.
They were woken by the alarm after a blaze had broken out in a second-floor flat of the three-storey house in Dean Road, just after 2am last Thursday.
The fire damaged part of the lounge.
A London Fire Brigade spokesman said: “We recommend having a working smoke alarm on each level of your home and testing it regularly.
“Smoke alarms save lives as they give you an early warning and buy you precious seconds to escape if a fire does break out.”
You may also want to watch:
The fire is believed to have been accidental.
- 1 Police appeal to find missing 12-year-old boy
- 2 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 3 'Brave new streets of London' – photo collection captures a city under Covid
- 4 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 5 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 6 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 7 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 8 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 9 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 10 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park