Smash-and-grab hammer thieves steal fur coats in St Johns’ Wood
- Credit: Archant
Smash and grab thieves wielding hammers have escaped with thousands of pounds worth of fur coats after targeting a shop in St John’s Wood.
The crooks struck at John Kay Fur in Circus Road, by forcing the security shutters and smashing their way through the front door in the early hours of Monday morning.
Mark Blackburn, a local resident, told the Wood & Vale these types of shops were a magnet for thieves.
He said: “Almost certainly this was for theft of fur coats. There are frequent thefts from these shops that sell high value items, with thieves regularly driving into door and smashing them in with hammers. Local traders are really fed up.”
A police spokesman said an investigation was underway following the thefts.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses or anyone with information about this incident should call Westminster CID on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 2 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 3 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 4 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 5 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 6 Election 2021: All the candidates for mayor of London
- 7 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 8 Habitual car thief jailed for six months after stealing 11 vehicles
- 9 Vale Farm Sports Centre offering facilities for free from May 17
- 10 Willesden murder investigation: 'Horrified onlookers' watched on as man stabbed in High Road