Sixth person charged following fraud investigation at Copland Community School in Wembley
Dr Indravadan Patel accused of conspiracy to defraud and fraud by abuse of position
A sixth person has been charged in connection with misappropriation of funds at a secondary school in Wembley.
Detectives investigating financial irregularities at Copland Community School in Cecil Avenue, Wembley, charged Dr Indravadan Patel today (Thursday).
The former chair of governors, who lives in Stanmore, is accused of conspiracy to defraud and fraud by abuse of position.
Patel will appear at Westminster Magistrates’ Court on June 12 alongside five other former staff members from the school who were charged last month.
You may also want to watch:
Sir Alan Davies, former head-teacher, is charged with conspiracy to defraud, money laundering, conspiracy to commit false accounting and fraud by abuse of position.
The 64-year-old lives in Mill Hill.
- 1 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 2 Prospect House eviction: Families struggle to move out
- 3 Brent Council writes off nearly £2m owed in bad debts
- 4 Olympic Steps to Wembley Stadium unveiled
- 5 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 6 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 7 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 8 Neasden foodbank launches £60,000 fundraising appeal
- 9 'His confidence is high': QPR boss Warburton backs Lyndon Dykes
- 10 Kilburn High Road traders see a slow return to business on April 12
Dr Richard Evans, 55, from Barnet, the former deputy headteacher, is accused of conspiracy to defraud and fraud by abuse of position.
Michele McKenzie 52, of Ruislip, ex- human resources manager, is accused of conspiracies to defraud and commit false accounting.
Martin Day, 75, from Halstead, Essex, former vice chairman of governors, is charged with conspiracy to defraud and fraud by abuse of position.
Columbus Udokoro, 61, from Greenford, ex-bursar, is charged with conspiracy to defraud and conspiracy to commit false accounting.