Shooting on Church Road Estate in Harlesden sparks fears of escalating gang warfare
- Credit: Archant
A car has been shot at on a housing estate in Harlesden fuelling fears that gang warfare is once again escalating on the streets of Brent.
The Times has discovered that the vehicle was targeted on Hawkins Road on the Church Road Estate in the early hours of Thursday morning.
According to a source the shooting happened around 12.30am.
The car has since been taken away for forensic and ballistic tests.
Several hours later at 11.30am a car and a house were shot at in Diamond Street on the Stonebridge Estate, sparking fears it was in retaliation for the earlier shooting.
You may also want to watch:
A Stonebridge resident, who has asked to be anonymous, told the Times there has been a long-running feud between gangs on the Church Road estate and rivals in Stonebridge.
She said: “Now and then something happens and it’s all out war between them.
- 1 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 2 Two arrested in connection with fatal Neasden stabbing
- 3 Man dies after stabbing in Brent
- 4 Fourteen fined for lockdown breach after car meet in Park Royal
- 5 Brent councillor calls for improved social distancing in supermarkets
- 6 Wembley tutor takes to Instagram to help with homeschooling
- 7 Woman dies after she was found collapsed in Barham Park
- 8 'We need you to stay at home' - Northwick Park Hospital
- 9 'Distress' as eggs thrown at ambulances in Neasden
- 10 Fenerbahce announce signing of QPR’s Bright Osayi-Samuel
“My concern is that an innocent person will be hit in the cross fire.
“Something needs to be done before someone is killed.”
A 25-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of possessing a firearm in connection with the Stonebridge shooting.
He is currently in custody at a north London police station.
A police spokesman told the Times they had nothing on their system regarding the shooting in Hawkins Road and would look into it.