Shooting on Church Road Estate in Harlesden sparks fears of escalating gang warfare
- Credit: Archant
A car has been shot at on a housing estate in Harlesden fuelling fears that gang warfare is once again escalating on the streets of Brent.
The Times has discovered that the vehicle was targeted on Hawkins Road on the Church Road Estate in the early hours of Thursday morning.
According to a source the shooting happened around 12.30am.
The car has since been taken away for forensic and ballistic tests.
Several hours later at 11.30am a car and a house were shot at in Diamond Street on the Stonebridge Estate, sparking fears it was in retaliation for the earlier shooting.
You may also want to watch:
A Stonebridge resident, who has asked to be anonymous, told the Times there has been a long-running feud between gangs on the Church Road estate and rivals in Stonebridge.
She said: “Now and then something happens and it’s all out war between them.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 4 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 5 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 6 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 7 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 8 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 9 Mayhew staff cull risk as animal charity is 'restructured'
- 10 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed
“My concern is that an innocent person will be hit in the cross fire.
“Something needs to be done before someone is killed.”
A 25-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of possessing a firearm in connection with the Stonebridge shooting.
He is currently in custody at a north London police station.
A police spokesman told the Times they had nothing on their system regarding the shooting in Hawkins Road and would look into it.