Shisha bar in Wembley fined for flouting fly-tipping laws
- Credit: Archant
A shisha venue in Wembley has been fined more than £3,000 for illegally dumping pieces of old furniture near its premises.
Marina Lounge Limited, in Bridge Road, was found guilty of illegally dumping rubbish on nearby Chalkhill Road after failing to pay a fixed penalty notice.
The venue was ordered to pay £3,115 in fines and costs at Willesden Magistrates Court (WMC) on May 2.
In a separate case Mohammed Zaman pleaded guilty to illegally dumping waste outside Harlesden Food Centre in Craven Park Road and was ordered to pay a total £4,015 on April 25 at WMC.
He was caught red-handed committing the crime on CCTV.
You may also want to watch:
Dennis Lewis, enviro-crime enforcement manager at Brent Council, said: “The outcome of these two cases should clearly demonstrate how unacceptable illegally dumping rubbish is here in Brent, and should serve as a serious warning to those who think they can get away with it.
“It is a crime not to care and we will pursue all avenues to hold offenders to account.”
- 1 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 2 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 3 View from the community - 'Could another riot happen?'
- 4 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 5 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 6 Former Brent school boy Tom Dean beats Covid to win Gold at the Tokyo Olympics
- 7 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 8 Letter on banning wearing of religious symbols
- 9 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 10 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield