Shisha bar in Wembley fined for flouting fly-tipping laws
- Credit: Archant
A shisha venue in Wembley has been fined more than £3,000 for illegally dumping pieces of old furniture near its premises.
Marina Lounge Limited, in Bridge Road, was found guilty of illegally dumping rubbish on nearby Chalkhill Road after failing to pay a fixed penalty notice.
The venue was ordered to pay £3,115 in fines and costs at Willesden Magistrates Court (WMC) on May 2.
In a separate case Mohammed Zaman pleaded guilty to illegally dumping waste outside Harlesden Food Centre in Craven Park Road and was ordered to pay a total £4,015 on April 25 at WMC.
He was caught red-handed committing the crime on CCTV.
You may also want to watch:
Dennis Lewis, enviro-crime enforcement manager at Brent Council, said: “The outcome of these two cases should clearly demonstrate how unacceptable illegally dumping rubbish is here in Brent, and should serve as a serious warning to those who think they can get away with it.
“It is a crime not to care and we will pursue all avenues to hold offenders to account.”
- 1 Two arrested in connection with fatal Neasden stabbing
- 2 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 3 Man dies after stabbing in Brent
- 4 Wembley tutor takes to Instagram to help with homeschooling
- 5 Fourteen fined for lockdown breach after car meet in Park Royal
- 6 QPR have match postponed at home to Wycombe due to Covid-19 precautions
- 7 Brent councillor calls for improved social distancing in supermarkets
- 8 Wealdstone boss Brennan dubbed Gloucester City a 'very ambitious' club
- 9 'We need you to stay at home' - Northwick Park Hospital
- 10 Interactive Harlesden exhibition aims to make art more accessible