Seven arrested in dawn raids across South Kilburn this morning
- Credit: Archant
Suspected violent drug dealers targeted by Trident and Brent Police
Police have carried out a series of dawn raids this morning targeting suspected violent drugs dealers on the south Kilburn.
Officers have arrested seven males aged between 17 -25 so far as part of Operation Grissino led by the Met’s Trident Gang Crime Command.
The Times was at the scene where two neighbouring homes in Pentland Road were stormed by Brent Police and Trident officers simultaneously.
One of the properties had a reinforced door resulting in officers having to use special equipment to force their way in.
A search of both properties uncovered a quantity of crack cocaine and heroin.
Two youths, one aged just 17, from each address were arrested for supplying class A drugs.
- 1 Call for investment in 'joke' Harlesden park
- 2 Police officer sacked after she 'failed' woman murdered by husband
- 3 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 4 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 5 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 6 Labour accused of 'power grab' move over committee appointments
- 7 Second man charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 8 Northwick Park NHS Trust still 'requires improvement'
- 9 TfL consultation opens on plans to extend ULEZ into Greater London
- 10 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
The pair were also arrested on suspicion of committing Grievous Bodily Harm in connection with the stabbing of a man in Paddington last week.
The victim, who lives on the rival Mozart estate in Queen’s Park, was accosted in a convenience shop and knifed.
He is recovering from his injuries.
A further six raids were carried out across South Kilburn at the same time with more planned throughout the day.
DCI Tim Champion from Trident told the Times: “The message is if you commit violence and you are in a gang you will be targeted.”