Sentenced: Willesden mother videoed hurling racist abuse at Muslim women on bus in Stonebridge
- Credit: Archant
A mother-of-three from Willesden who threatened to kick a pregnant Muslim woman in her stomach while branding her an ‘ISIS b***h’ on a bus in Stonebridge has been spared jail.
Simone Joseph, 36, of High Road, had her two-year-old child with her during the foul-mouthed rant on the packed 206 bus in Knatchbull Road.
Hendon Magistrates Court heard mobile phone footage of the abuse went viral after it was uploaded to Facebook.
Joseph admitted causing racially aggravated distress to Hanane Yakoubi, 34, on a 206 bus while she was in the company of her mother and a friend on October 13.
Today she was ordered to pay £500 compensation to Ms Yakoubi, £180 court costs and complete 60 hours unpaid work.
You may also want to watch:
She was also ordered to undertake a 12 month rehabilitation activity requirement which will include a 20-day restorative justice intervention should her victim agree to participate.
The video shows Joseph calling the women ‘ISIS bitches’, ‘sand buckets’ and ‘sand rats’.
- 1 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 2 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 3 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
- 6 QPR boss Mark Warburton unfazed by prospect of losing Ilias Chair
- 7 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 8 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 9 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 10 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
She rants: “Go back to your f***ing country where they’re bombing every day.
“Talk your own language, you f***ing ISIS b******.”
At one point she threatens 34-week pregnant Ms Yakoubi saying ‘you’re lucky I don’t kick you in your uterus and you’ll never have a baby again.’
She is also heard accusing the women of having bombs up their skirts.
Joseph handed herself in after seeing the footage on the web.
Prosecutor Peter Lock told the court that the incident has left the victim scared and afraid of going outside.
Tony Meisels, for Joseph, said: “She really is ashamed of what has happened and wishes to apologise to the complainant, the other people on the bus and the wider society.”
He added she has a history of mental illness including bouts of depression for which she took medication.