Security guard robbed of Willesden supermarket’s takings by three men
Detectives appeal for information following lunchtime theft
The hunt is on to find three men who robbed a security guard of a supermarket’s takings in front of shocked shoppers.
The trio struck as the guard left Sainsbury’s in Walm Lane, Willesden, last Friday (4) at around 1.35pm.
As the guard walked up to his security van with the cash box containing the takings he was approached by two hooded men prompting him to turn back into the store.
He threw the box down one of the aisles but the pair ran after him and retrieved it before fleeing in a getaway car driven by a third accomplice.
You may also want to watch:
The two hooded robbers were white and the driver is described of being black of a light-skinned complexion or mixed race.
All three sped off in an E-class Mercedes car with a 2004 registration down St Paul’s Avenue towards Neasden.
- 1 Vigil held in Barn Hill for murdered sisters Bibaa Henry and Nicole Smallman
- 2 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 3 Missing 12-year-old boy from Kilburn found 'safe and well'
- 4 Childhood friends launch their first Their Story Film Festival in Kilburn
- 5 QPR boss Warburton excited for competitive football to return with fans
- 6 'Residents are going through hell as a result of flooding'
- 7 Loaded shotgun seized in Harlesden as police crack down on gang activity
- 8 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 9 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 10 Tributes paid to 'Gooner legend' who died of Covid 'caught at Euros final'
Anyone with any information or who witnessed the incident should call Finchley Flying Squad on 020 8358 1751 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.