Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
A stop and search order has been placed on Stonebridge, Harlesden, Willesden Green and Dudden Hill in response to "gang tensions".
A Section 60 order has been authorised by the North West borough command unit that these areas be policed from 2pm today (May 6) until 3am.
The order has been placed "in response to increased gang tensions in the area" until 3am, it said on Twitter.
Section 60 orders provide officers with additional powers to stop and search people.
It allows officers to robustly police the area and reassure the community.
You may also want to watch:
@BrentMPS said in a tweet: "A Section 60 order, providing officers with additional search powers, will be in effect until 3am.
"This is in response to information about increased gang tensions in the area.
- 1 Men jailed after Leon Maxwell gunned down in Queensbury
- 2 Free vaccine walk-in at Central Middlesex Hospital
- 3 The Wembley flats with camper vans on the roof and furniture wearing boots
- 4 Met officer found guilty of assault after grabbing victim when off duty
- 5 Teenager convicted of murdering Jamalie Deacon Matthew in Northwick Park
- 6 Kensal Rise group 'biggest team' taking on Blenheim Palace Triathlon 2021
- 7 Fire-ravaged Neasden church hall set to be rebuilt
- 8 Appeal for information after man shot in Stonebridge
- 9 Sisters killed in Kingsbury stabbed with 'extreme force'
- 10 Notting Hill Carnival off streets in 2021 due to Covid-19 uncertainty
"It will cover Stonebridge, Harlesden, Willesden Green and Dudden Hill."