Schoolboy charged in connection with Westbourne Park shooting
Teenager due to appear in court this afternoon
A schoolboy has been charged in connection with a shooting in Westbourne Park in the early hours of Sunday morning.
The 16-year-old victim was shot in the back in Tavistock Crescent at around 12.55am.
He was rushed to a hospital in east London where he is in a stable condition.
Yesterday morning, detectives from Operation Trident, the Met’s specialist team that investigates gun crime in London, arrested a 15-year-old boy at his home.
You may also want to watch:
He was questioned and has been subsequently charged with possession of a firearm with intent, possession of ammunition and Grievous Bodily Harm with intent.
He is due to appear before Hammersmith Youth Court this afternoon (Wednesday).
- 1 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 2 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 3 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 4 Pensioner dies after crashing into a wall in Kenton
- 5 Third stabbing in Neasden as murder investigation under way
- 6 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 7 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer
- 8 Tributes paid to Queen's Park charity worker who died after contracting Covid
- 9 Woman killed after collision with alleged drunk driver in Kenton
- 10 Disabled Wembley cyclist calls for more inclusivity on Brent's roads