Schoolboy charged in connection with Westbourne Park shooting
Teenager due to appear in court this afternoon
A schoolboy has been charged in connection with a shooting in Westbourne Park in the early hours of Sunday morning.
The 16-year-old victim was shot in the back in Tavistock Crescent at around 12.55am.
He was rushed to a hospital in east London where he is in a stable condition.
Yesterday morning, detectives from Operation Trident, the Met’s specialist team that investigates gun crime in London, arrested a 15-year-old boy at his home.
You may also want to watch:
He was questioned and has been subsequently charged with possession of a firearm with intent, possession of ammunition and Grievous Bodily Harm with intent.
He is due to appear before Hammersmith Youth Court this afternoon (Wednesday).
- 1 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 2 Man admits murdering waiter in Kilburn 38 years ago
- 3 Behind Closed Doors: The high number of Brent evictions
- 4 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
- 5 Qusai Alomar, 12, dies after collision involving motorcyclist near Wembley
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Brent from climate emergency
- 7 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 8 QPR boss 'disappointed' as two late goals cost his side at West Brom
- 9 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 10 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground