Schoolboy charged in connection with Westbourne Park shooting
Teenager due to appear in court this afternoon
A schoolboy has been charged in connection with a shooting in Westbourne Park in the early hours of Sunday morning.
The 16-year-old victim was shot in the back in Tavistock Crescent at around 12.55am.
He was rushed to a hospital in east London where he is in a stable condition.
Yesterday morning, detectives from Operation Trident, the Met’s specialist team that investigates gun crime in London, arrested a 15-year-old boy at his home.
You may also want to watch:
He was questioned and has been subsequently charged with possession of a firearm with intent, possession of ammunition and Grievous Bodily Harm with intent.
He is due to appear before Hammersmith Youth Court this afternoon (Wednesday).
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 3 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 4 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 5 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 6 Residents priced out the area they grew up in
- 7 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 8 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 9 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 10 Man, 40, stabbed to death in Willesden