Schoolboy arrested in Brent Police crackdown targeting outstanding suspects
Six people held after officers storm buses across the borough
A schoolboy was one of six people arrested in a police operation carried out on buses in the borough yesterday (Tuesday).
The 13-year-old was held on suspicion of criminal damage following the crackdown by officers targeting outstanding suspects.
During the day officers from Brent Safer Transport teams and the Met’s Territorial Support stormed arrested a 45-year-old woman for obstructing police, a 24-year-old man was held on suspicion of carrying out three burglaries and a 29-year-old man was apprehended for fraud and non-payment of fines.
Police also held a 22-year-old man for burglary and criminal damage and a 25- year-old was arrested for sexual assault, public order offences and criminal damage.
You may also want to watch:
PC Jim Bradley from Brent Safer Transport team said: “The operation was a great success owed to the hard work of all officers on the day.
“The objective of targeting suspects for bus and serious acquisitive crime was achieved.”
- 1 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 2 Fenerbahce announce signing of QPR’s Bright Osayi-Samuel
- 3 Brent councillor calls for improved social distancing in supermarkets
- 4 Two arrested in connection with fatal Neasden stabbing
- 5 Man dies after stabbing in Brent
- 6 Woman dies after she was found collapsed in Barham Park
- 7 Wembley tutor takes to Instagram to help with homeschooling
- 8 Interactive Harlesden exhibition aims to make art more accessible
- 9 Fourteen fined for lockdown breach after car meet in Park Royal
- 10 Wealdstone boss Brennan dubbed Gloucester City a 'very ambitious' club