Schoolboy arrested in Brent Police crackdown targeting outstanding suspects
Six people held after officers storm buses across the borough
A schoolboy was one of six people arrested in a police operation carried out on buses in the borough yesterday (Tuesday).
The 13-year-old was held on suspicion of criminal damage following the crackdown by officers targeting outstanding suspects.
During the day officers from Brent Safer Transport teams and the Met’s Territorial Support stormed arrested a 45-year-old woman for obstructing police, a 24-year-old man was held on suspicion of carrying out three burglaries and a 29-year-old man was apprehended for fraud and non-payment of fines.
Police also held a 22-year-old man for burglary and criminal damage and a 25- year-old was arrested for sexual assault, public order offences and criminal damage.
You may also want to watch:
PC Jim Bradley from Brent Safer Transport team said: “The operation was a great success owed to the hard work of all officers on the day.
“The objective of targeting suspects for bus and serious acquisitive crime was achieved.”
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 3 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 4 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 5 Residents priced out the area they grew up in
- 6 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 7 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 8 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 9 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 10 Man, 40, stabbed to death in Willesden