Sawn-off shotgun and half a kilo of cocaine seized at address in Brent
- Credit: Archant
Detectives have seized a sawn-off shotgun and around half a kilo of cocaine after raiding an address in the borough.
Officers from the National Crime Agency (NCA), supported by the Met, stormed an address in Toucan Close, Park Royal, last week, after they were tipped off about a drugs drop by US Customs.
A parcel containing the class A drug had been sent to the address from St Maarten in the Caribbean
Checks by the NCA revealed the address was suspected of links with street gang activity
The drugs were seized at the address and the firearm and six rounds of ammunition were found hidden beneath a kitchen cupboard.
You may also want to watch:
Ian Truby, from the NCA’s Heathrow border investigation team, said: “This operation has taken a potentially deadly firearm off the streets of London.
“Working with law enforcement colleagues both abroad and at home we are determined to do all we can to disrupt the organised crime groups involved in drug trafficking and associated criminality.”
- 1 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 2 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 3 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 4 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 5 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 6 Election 2021: All the candidates for mayor of London
- 7 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 8 Habitual car thief jailed for six months after stealing 11 vehicles
- 9 Kilburn councillor resigns from Labour group to become Independent
- 10 Willesden murder investigation: 'Horrified onlookers' watched on as man stabbed in High Road
Anthony Jones, 28, of Toucan Close, has appeared at Uxbridge Magistrates’ Court charged with importing class A drugs and possession of a firearm.
He was remanded in custody.