Sawn-off shotgun and half a kilo of cocaine seized at address in Brent
- Credit: Archant
Detectives have seized a sawn-off shotgun and around half a kilo of cocaine after raiding an address in the borough.
Officers from the National Crime Agency (NCA), supported by the Met, stormed an address in Toucan Close, Park Royal, last week, after they were tipped off about a drugs drop by US Customs.
A parcel containing the class A drug had been sent to the address from St Maarten in the Caribbean
Checks by the NCA revealed the address was suspected of links with street gang activity
The drugs were seized at the address and the firearm and six rounds of ammunition were found hidden beneath a kitchen cupboard.
You may also want to watch:
Ian Truby, from the NCA’s Heathrow border investigation team, said: “This operation has taken a potentially deadly firearm off the streets of London.
“Working with law enforcement colleagues both abroad and at home we are determined to do all we can to disrupt the organised crime groups involved in drug trafficking and associated criminality.”
- 1 Kingsbury mandir to be 'Europe's first' vaccine centre in Hindu temple
- 2 Gang member jailed for 18 years after hiding guns and drugs in Cricklewood
- 3 Mum's 'desperate' fundraiser as 15 families face eviction in Stonebridge
- 4 Maida Vale woman launches petition after kitten bought online dies
- 5 Police seek witnesses as Kenton crash victim named as Vimla Matai
- 6 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 7 Election candidate 'should be disqualified' for lockdown visit, say opposition
- 8 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 9 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 10 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
Anthony Jones, 28, of Toucan Close, has appeared at Uxbridge Magistrates’ Court charged with importing class A drugs and possession of a firearm.
He was remanded in custody.