Sawn-off shotgun and half a kilo of cocaine seized at address in Brent
- Credit: Archant
Detectives have seized a sawn-off shotgun and around half a kilo of cocaine after raiding an address in the borough.
Officers from the National Crime Agency (NCA), supported by the Met, stormed an address in Toucan Close, Park Royal, last week, after they were tipped off about a drugs drop by US Customs.
A parcel containing the class A drug had been sent to the address from St Maarten in the Caribbean
Checks by the NCA revealed the address was suspected of links with street gang activity
The drugs were seized at the address and the firearm and six rounds of ammunition were found hidden beneath a kitchen cupboard.
Ian Truby, from the NCA’s Heathrow border investigation team, said: “This operation has taken a potentially deadly firearm off the streets of London.
“Working with law enforcement colleagues both abroad and at home we are determined to do all we can to disrupt the organised crime groups involved in drug trafficking and associated criminality.”
- 1 QPR ground name to revert to Loftus Road for 2022-23
- 2 Cricklewood estate reports 'major vermin' problem
- 3 Trial date for men charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 4 VOTE: Which north London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 5 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 6 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 7 5 of the best things to do with kids in north London
- 8 Baby among three rescued from Willesden flat fire
- 9 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 10 Jailed: 7 north London offenders put behind bars in April
Anthony Jones, 28, of Toucan Close, has appeared at Uxbridge Magistrates’ Court charged with importing class A drugs and possession of a firearm.
He was remanded in custody.