Row in pub after revellers watched Chelsea v Bayern Munich match led to Dollis Hill killing
Victim had seen the Champions League final at the Ox and Gate pub before he was stabbed
A man who was stabbed to death in Dollis Hill was attacked after a row in a pub spilled out into the street on Saturday night.
Luke Fitzpatrick, 25, had been watching the Champions League final at the Ox and Gate pub in Oxgate Lane, shortly before he was killed at 11.30pm.
His 56-year-old father Bernie was also knifed as he tried to save his son.
He is in hospital in a serious but stable condition.
Mr Fitzpatrick had been in the pub with his friends watching the match between Chelsea and Bayern Munich before a row broke out.
He was stabbed in Crest Road at the junction of Alder Grove and died at the scene.
- 1 Plan for creating 25,500 homes around 'HS2 Superhub' passed
- 2 Former bingo hall in Burnt Oak to become co-working and co-living space
- 3 Wembley school opens new special educational needs facility
- 4 Series of failures sees Met Police placed under special measures
- 5 Two charged after police discharge taser during Kingsbury vehicle stop
- 6 Three Met officers receive written warning over photos of murdered sisters
- 7 2 men attacked by group after fight breaks out at Queensbury Tube Station
- 8 How to lose weight by eating fat and being full
- 9 Most wanted: 6 people sought in connection with 10 robberies across London
- 10 Road closed after man's death in Willesden
A post mortem carried at Northwick Park Hospital revealed he died of a stab wound.
Detectives are appealing for witnesses to come forward.
DCI Tim Duffield, who is heading the murder hunt, said: “We urgently need to hear from anyone who was in or near the Ox and Gate pub around 11.30pm that evening.
“The pub was still very busy at that time, and we are confident that several people will have seen elements of what happened - we urge them to come forward and contact the incident room.
“If they wish to remain anonymous they may call Crimestoppers.”
Anyone with information should call the incident room on 020 8358 0400 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Two 17-year-old boys and a 31-year-old man have been arrested in connection with the double stabbing.
The man has been bailed to return to a police station next month.
The two teenagers are still in custody.
Did you know Luke Fitzpatrick? You can call the news desk on 020 7433 6228 or email your tributes to email@example.com.