Robbing trio jailed for attacking man in Wembley
Victim was punched in the head and knocked to the floor
Three robbers who attacked a man while trying to steal his phone have been jailed for a total of eight years.
Shelton Chandra, 22, Thusanthan Thureiratnam, 20, and Sanjeevan Rokkesan, 19, targeted the 29-year-old victim as he walked alone in Ealing Road, Wembley.
Harrow Crown Court heard one of the robbers told him “Give me your phone; give me everything you have” before he was punched in the side of the head and knocked to the floor in the early hours of October 21 last year.
All three fled empty-handed on foot.
You may also want to watch:
They were arrested and subsequently charged after being identified through CCTV footage.
Last week Chandra, of Barnham Close, Wembley, was sentenced to two years in jail, Thureiratnam, from Edgware, and Rokkesan, from Hayes, were handed down three years each.
- 1 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 2 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 3 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 4 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 5 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 6 View from the community - 'Could another riot happen?'
- 7 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 8 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 9 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 10 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
DC Cyntac Wong, who headed the hunt to find the robbers, said: “The sentences handed down reflect the violent nature of the attack on a lone male in the early hours of the morning.
“I would like to thank the victim for his continuous support throughout the investigation to secure the convictions.”