Robbing trio jailed for attacking man in Wembley
Victim was punched in the head and knocked to the floor
Three robbers who attacked a man while trying to steal his phone have been jailed for a total of eight years.
Shelton Chandra, 22, Thusanthan Thureiratnam, 20, and Sanjeevan Rokkesan, 19, targeted the 29-year-old victim as he walked alone in Ealing Road, Wembley.
Harrow Crown Court heard one of the robbers told him “Give me your phone; give me everything you have” before he was punched in the side of the head and knocked to the floor in the early hours of October 21 last year.
All three fled empty-handed on foot.
You may also want to watch:
They were arrested and subsequently charged after being identified through CCTV footage.
Last week Chandra, of Barnham Close, Wembley, was sentenced to two years in jail, Thureiratnam, from Edgware, and Rokkesan, from Hayes, were handed down three years each.
- 1 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 2 Prospect House eviction: Families struggle to move out
- 3 Olympic Steps to Wembley Stadium unveiled
- 4 Brent Council writes off nearly £2m owed in bad debts
- 5 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 6 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 7 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 8 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 9 Kilburn High Road traders see a slow return to business on April 12
- 10 Hope for the Welsh Harp
DC Cyntac Wong, who headed the hunt to find the robbers, said: “The sentences handed down reflect the violent nature of the attack on a lone male in the early hours of the morning.
“I would like to thank the victim for his continuous support throughout the investigation to secure the convictions.”