Robbing trio jailed for attacking man in Wembley
Victim was punched in the head and knocked to the floor
Three robbers who attacked a man while trying to steal his phone have been jailed for a total of eight years.
Shelton Chandra, 22, Thusanthan Thureiratnam, 20, and Sanjeevan Rokkesan, 19, targeted the 29-year-old victim as he walked alone in Ealing Road, Wembley.
Harrow Crown Court heard one of the robbers told him “Give me your phone; give me everything you have” before he was punched in the side of the head and knocked to the floor in the early hours of October 21 last year.
All three fled empty-handed on foot.
They were arrested and subsequently charged after being identified through CCTV footage.
Last week Chandra, of Barnham Close, Wembley, was sentenced to two years in jail, Thureiratnam, from Edgware, and Rokkesan, from Hayes, were handed down three years each.
- 1 Man arrested after woman's rape allegation in Neasden
- 2 School turns itself around after 'sexual bullying' reports
- 3 Neasden pub refused late licence amid fears around crime
- 4 Hundreds of young musicians to gather in Wembley for concert
- 5 Rogue Wembley HGV trainer sentenced after selling non-existent training
- 6 Most wanted: 6 people sought in connection with 10 robberies across London
- 7 Hospital's new research centre officially opened by vaccine taskforce lead
- 8 Five classic Rolling Stones moments at BST Hyde Park
- 9 Plea date set for men accused of fatal stabbing in Neasden
- 10 Road closed after man's death in Willesden
DC Cyntac Wong, who headed the hunt to find the robbers, said: “The sentences handed down reflect the violent nature of the attack on a lone male in the early hours of the morning.
“I would like to thank the victim for his continuous support throughout the investigation to secure the convictions.”