Report claims there are 280 sex offenders living in Brent
- Credit: Archant
There are 280 registered sex offenders living in Brent – the seventh highest number out of all the London boroughs, a new report has revealed.
The figures come from the government-backed Multi Agency Public Protection Arrangements, which was published on Friday.
It states there are more than 7,000 registered sex offenders living across the capital with four per cent living in Brent.
An NSPCC spokesman said: “It’s good that more of these individuals are being put on the list of registered sex offenders but it’s worrying that this is such a prolific problem, as many of these offenders will be paedophiles.
“In just 10 years, the number of registered sex offenders has risen by 73 per cent and these latest figures mean that nearly one in every 1,000 people in England and Wales is on the register.
You may also want to watch:
“A trend towards more survivors of sex abuse being willing to come forward is encouraging. But there is no room for complacency and it is important to report signs of sexual abuse when they occur.”
- 1 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 2 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 3 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 4 Call for teams for football tournament in memory of Josh Hanson
- 5 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 6 Repair Shop's Jay Blades hosts bingo for older Londoners
- 7 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 8 Kensal Rise Triathlon team raises £130,800 for local charities
- 9 Neasden neighbours' petition against parking and fines plan
- 10 Police looking for man in Wembley after 'threats to kill'