Report claims there are 280 sex offenders living in Brent
- Credit: Archant
There are 280 registered sex offenders living in Brent – the seventh highest number out of all the London boroughs, a new report has revealed.
The figures come from the government-backed Multi Agency Public Protection Arrangements, which was published on Friday.
It states there are more than 7,000 registered sex offenders living across the capital with four per cent living in Brent.
An NSPCC spokesman said: “It’s good that more of these individuals are being put on the list of registered sex offenders but it’s worrying that this is such a prolific problem, as many of these offenders will be paedophiles.
“In just 10 years, the number of registered sex offenders has risen by 73 per cent and these latest figures mean that nearly one in every 1,000 people in England and Wales is on the register.
You may also want to watch:
“A trend towards more survivors of sex abuse being willing to come forward is encouraging. But there is no room for complacency and it is important to report signs of sexual abuse when they occur.”
- 1 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 2 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 3 Football fan in serious condition after falling from Wembley stand
- 4 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 5 Resident calls for 'slum launderette' to be taken off Neasden street
- 6 Man in hospital following shooting in Neasden
- 7 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing
- 8 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 9 Man charged with Colindale murder
- 10 Four men connected to Craig Small's death in Wembley to appear for trial next year