Records show Brent has third highest number of homicides
- Credit: Archant
Brent recorded the third highest numbers of homicides across London in the 12 months up until June of this year.
Figures from the Office of National Statistics reveal there were nine recorded killings in the borough, falling only behind Southwark and Tower Hamlets.
The data showed a grand total of 28,062 crimes throughout the year which included 2.183 incidents of criminal damage and arson, 252 possessions of weapons offences and 654 sexual offences.
There were 1,194 cases of burglaries, the second highest in the capital, and 1,822 drug offences which placed the borough fourth in that category.
The nine people who were killed in Brent are 20-year-old Romario Green, who was shot in the chest at close range in the early hours of July 2 last year in Harrow Road, Sudbury.
You may also want to watch:
A month later on August 1, 48-year-old Huseyin Gulbudak, was stabbed to death in Efes Cafe on Kilburn High Road.
Moamen Settar, 18, was at home in Buddings Circle, Wembley, on October 15 when he was fatally stabbed by his cousin.
- 1 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
- 2 Reward offered after drone stolen in Wembley
- 3 Vaccine bus launched in Brent to increase take up
- 4 QPR move into top 10 with win at Middlesbrough despite Dieng dismissal
- 5 Warburton: Dieng played on with broken nose before red card
- 6 Wealdstone thrashed by league leaders Hartlepool United
- 7 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 8 Olympic Steps to Wembley Stadium unveiled
- 9 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 10 Mixed feelings for residents and workers as crowds return to Wembley
Yasir ‘Loopy’ Beshira, 21, was gunned down on Netherwood Street, off Kilburn High Road, on 8 December.
School boy Quamari Serunkuma Barnes, 15, was fatally stabbed outside Capital City Academy, Doyle Gardens, Willesden, on January 23.
Student Djodjo Nsaka,19. collapsed outside his halls of residence after being stabbed in Rutherford Way, Wembley on 20 January.
On May 5 Crispin Siddon, 34, the rapper Skeng, was also fatally stabbed in Cutz Barbers Shop, Craven Park Road.
Mohanna Abdhou, known to her family and friends as Montana, was gunned down infront of her friends just yards away from a children’s playground in Malvern Road, Kilburn on May 26 and a few days later on May 29, 32-year-old Romina Kalachi was fatally stabbed in Fernhead Road, Kilburn.
Southwark recorded 13 murders and Tower Hamlets 10.
More than 50,000 crimes were recorded in Westminster, almost 20,000 more than Lambeth who saw the second highest.