Raul Chiriac stabbing: Simone Fergus jailed for killing boyfriend at their Colindale home
- Credit: Archant
A woman who stabbed her boyfriend to death following an argument at their home has been jailed for five years.
Simone Fergus, 34, of Zenith Close, Colindale, was sentenced on Friday after pleading guilty to the manslaughter of Raul Chiriac, 26.
Wood Green Crown Court heard police were called to their home at 6pm on April 15 after reports of a stabbing.
Officers attended along with London Ambulance Service and London’s Air Ambulance and found Raul at the scene suffering from a single stab wound.
He was taken to hospital and died later that evening.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem gave his cause of death as haemorrhage following a stab wound penetrating the lung.
Fergus was arrested at the scene on suspicion of murder. The court heard the pair had a turbulent relationship.
- 1 Brent Council writes off nearly £2m owed in bad debts
- 2 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 3 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 4 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 5 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 6 Kilburn welcomes back eager gym-goers
- 7 Prospect House eviction: Families struggle to move out
- 8 Hope for the Welsh Harp
- 9 Kilburn High Road traders see a slow return to business on April 12
- 10 We didn't stand up insists QPR boss Warburton in Rotherham defeat
A neighbour, who did not wish to be named, told the Times in April: “He was a lovely guy – always very chatty when I saw him.”
Det Insp Justin Howick, from the Met’s murder squad, said: “This is a tragic case. I hope that Fergus’ plea and sentence can bring some degree of comfort to Raul’s family.”