Quintin Kynaston school ‘sickened’ by news Jihadi John was former pupil
- Credit: Archant
The secondary school that ISIS executioner ‘Jihadi John’ attended in St John’s Wood has said it is ‘shocked and sickened by the news’.
Quintin Kynaston Academy (QK), in Marlborough Road, issued a statement today following reports that brutal killer Jihadi John, who has been named as computing graduate Mohammed Emwazi who grew up on the Mozart Estate in Queen’s Park, was a former pupil.
A spokesman at Quintin Kynaston said: “There has been much press speculation in recent days concerning allegations about a former student Mohammed Emwazi, who left almost nine years ago.
“If the allegations are true we are all extremely shocked and sickened by the news.
“All members of staff at QK work very hard to support the education and wellbeing of our students and protect them from harm.
You may also want to watch:
“In this respect, QK has been extremely proactive in working with the government’s Prevent strategy for a period of time and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.”
US newspaper the Washington Post unmasked Emwazi yesterday.
- 1 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 2 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 3 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 4 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 5 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 6 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 7 QPR boss Mark Warburton unfazed by prospect of losing Ilias Chair
- 8 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 9 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 10 Brent Council reignites campaign to tackle paan spitting
The 27-year-old lived on the Mozart Estate and is believed to have travelled to Syria in 2012 and later joined ISIS.
Do you remember Emwazi from school?
If so, get in touch with the news desk on 020 7433 0100.