Quintin Kynaston school ‘sickened’ by news Jihadi John was former pupil
- Credit: Archant
The secondary school that ISIS executioner ‘Jihadi John’ attended in St John’s Wood has said it is ‘shocked and sickened by the news’.
Quintin Kynaston Academy (QK), in Marlborough Road, issued a statement today following reports that brutal killer Jihadi John, who has been named as computing graduate Mohammed Emwazi who grew up on the Mozart Estate in Queen’s Park, was a former pupil.
A spokesman at Quintin Kynaston said: “There has been much press speculation in recent days concerning allegations about a former student Mohammed Emwazi, who left almost nine years ago.
“If the allegations are true we are all extremely shocked and sickened by the news.
“All members of staff at QK work very hard to support the education and wellbeing of our students and protect them from harm.
“In this respect, QK has been extremely proactive in working with the government’s Prevent strategy for a period of time and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.”
US newspaper the Washington Post unmasked Emwazi yesterday.
- 1 Two charged after police discharge taser during Kingsbury vehicle stop
- 2 2 men attacked by group after fight breaks out at Queensbury Tube Station
- 3 Harlesden shop fire 'caused by barbecue'
- 4 Most wanted: 7 people sought in connection with 11 robberies across London
- 5 Jailed: Kilburn man linked to 8 knifepoint robberies in St John's Wood area
- 6 Injured moped driver appeal after Dollis Hill collision
- 7 Road closed after man's death in Willesden
- 8 Complaints of 'chaos' after Harry Styles' Wembley gigs
- 9 Plea date set for men accused of fatal stabbing in Neasden
- 10 Three arrested and taser discharged during vehicle stop in Kingsbury
The 27-year-old lived on the Mozart Estate and is believed to have travelled to Syria in 2012 and later joined ISIS.
Do you remember Emwazi from school?
If so, get in touch with the news desk on 020 7433 0100.