Quintin Kynaston school ‘sickened’ by news Jihadi John was former pupil
- Credit: Archant
The secondary school that ISIS executioner ‘Jihadi John’ attended in St John’s Wood has said it is ‘shocked and sickened by the news’.
Quintin Kynaston Academy (QK), in Marlborough Road, issued a statement today following reports that brutal killer Jihadi John, who has been named as computing graduate Mohammed Emwazi who grew up on the Mozart Estate in Queen’s Park, was a former pupil.
A spokesman at Quintin Kynaston said: “There has been much press speculation in recent days concerning allegations about a former student Mohammed Emwazi, who left almost nine years ago.
“If the allegations are true we are all extremely shocked and sickened by the news.
“All members of staff at QK work very hard to support the education and wellbeing of our students and protect them from harm.
You may also want to watch:
“In this respect, QK has been extremely proactive in working with the government’s Prevent strategy for a period of time and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.”
US newspaper the Washington Post unmasked Emwazi yesterday.
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 3 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 4 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 5 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 6 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 7 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 8 View from the community - 'Could another riot happen?'
- 9 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 10 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
The 27-year-old lived on the Mozart Estate and is believed to have travelled to Syria in 2012 and later joined ISIS.
Do you remember Emwazi from school?
If so, get in touch with the news desk on 020 7433 0100.