Queensbury Tube shooting: Murder probe launched as man in his 30s dies
- Credit: PA
A man was shot dead outside Queensbury Tube station last night.
Police have launched a murder investigation after the victim, believed to be in his 30s, was gunned down in Cumberland Road.
Officers were called at about 9pm. He was found with critical injuries and died at the scene an hour later.
Another man, aged in his 20s, is in hospital also suffering from a gunshot wound. He’s in a stable condition.
A crime scene remains in place in Cumberland Road and Essolado Way, with police examining CCTV footage.
You may also want to watch:
Navin Shah. Labour Assembly Member for Brent and Harrow, said: “It’s extremely sad to hear about the shooting outside Queensbury station and loss of yet another life from murder on a London street.
“My heart goes out to the victim and his family and wish well the hospitalised victim.”
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 New QPR signing Stefan Johansen wants to push for promotion
- 3 Stefan Johansen completes QPR switch from Fulham
- 4 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 5 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 6 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 7 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 8 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 9 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 10 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
He added: “I’m aiming to raise this issue (of gun and knife crime) at the Mayor’s Question Time for some urgent action and clear strategy to tackle wave of increasing serious crime.
“To deal with this issue at grassroots level this will require multi-agency work including engaging with communities.”
Det Insp Justin Howick said: “I would like to appeal to anyone with information to contact police at the earliest opportunity.
“Detectives are busy at the scene and working to build a clear picture of the circumstances of this fatal attack.”
No arrests have been made and police are in the process of informing the victim’s next-of-kin.
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101, quoting CAD 7757 of May 1, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.