Queen’s Park man, 67, jailed for raping woman 30 years ago
- Credit: Central News
A retired concierge who carried out a double rape attack in Queen’s Park 30 years ago has been jailed for eight years today.
Lyndon ‘Sweet Pea’ Plummer, 67, of Bravington Road, Queen’s Park, was reported to by his victim in July 2011 after she bumped into him at a wake at a pub in the Harrow Road.
Southwark Crown Court heard Plummer forced himself on his 20-year-old victim, who is now in her 50s and from South Yorks, twice between January and August 1983.
Relatives of the victim noticed Plummer ‘staring’ at the mother-of-two at the wake, before ‘tempers frayed’.
Prosecutor Alisdair Smith said Plummer paid no heed to his victim’s desperate pleas for him to stop during the attacks which took place a month apart.
You may also want to watch:
The second rape happened after a day at the Notting Hill Carnival.
During cross examination, Plummer agreed she was ‘an attractive young woman’ but insisted he did not make any advances to her because he was ‘more or less in a relationship at the time.’
- 1 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 2 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 3 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 4 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 5 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 6 QPR boss Mark Warburton unfazed by prospect of losing Ilias Chair
- 7 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 8 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 9 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 10 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
He claimed the rape claims were only made after he was assaulted at the denying attacking the victim, insisting she was ‘too young’ for him and ‘not his type’.
But a jury of eight men and four women convicted him of two counts of rape after deliberating for just over five hours.
Plummer has a string of previous convictions including theft, drug possession, fraud, causing actual bodily harm and assaulting a police officer.
He will be freed after serving half his sentence and be on the Sex Offenders Register for the rest of his life.