Queen’s Park man, 67, jailed for raping woman 30 years ago
- Credit: Central News
A retired concierge who carried out a double rape attack in Queen’s Park 30 years ago has been jailed for eight years today.
Lyndon ‘Sweet Pea’ Plummer, 67, of Bravington Road, Queen’s Park, was reported to by his victim in July 2011 after she bumped into him at a wake at a pub in the Harrow Road.
Southwark Crown Court heard Plummer forced himself on his 20-year-old victim, who is now in her 50s and from South Yorks, twice between January and August 1983.
Relatives of the victim noticed Plummer ‘staring’ at the mother-of-two at the wake, before ‘tempers frayed’.
Prosecutor Alisdair Smith said Plummer paid no heed to his victim’s desperate pleas for him to stop during the attacks which took place a month apart.
You may also want to watch:
The second rape happened after a day at the Notting Hill Carnival.
During cross examination, Plummer agreed she was ‘an attractive young woman’ but insisted he did not make any advances to her because he was ‘more or less in a relationship at the time.’
- 1 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 2 Brent Council writes off nearly £2m owed in bad debts
- 3 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 4 Prospect House eviction: Families struggle to move out
- 5 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 6 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 7 Kilburn welcomes back eager gym-goers
- 8 Kilburn High Road traders see a slow return to business on April 12
- 9 Neasden foodbank launches £60,000 fundraising appeal
- 10 'His confidence is high': QPR boss Warburton backs Lyndon Dykes
He claimed the rape claims were only made after he was assaulted at the denying attacking the victim, insisting she was ‘too young’ for him and ‘not his type’.
But a jury of eight men and four women convicted him of two counts of rape after deliberating for just over five hours.
Plummer has a string of previous convictions including theft, drug possession, fraud, causing actual bodily harm and assaulting a police officer.
He will be freed after serving half his sentence and be on the Sex Offenders Register for the rest of his life.