Queen’s Park man, 67, jailed for raping woman 30 years ago
- Credit: Central News
A retired concierge who carried out a double rape attack in Queen’s Park 30 years ago has been jailed for eight years today.
Lyndon ‘Sweet Pea’ Plummer, 67, of Bravington Road, Queen’s Park, was reported to by his victim in July 2011 after she bumped into him at a wake at a pub in the Harrow Road.
Southwark Crown Court heard Plummer forced himself on his 20-year-old victim, who is now in her 50s and from South Yorks, twice between January and August 1983.
Relatives of the victim noticed Plummer ‘staring’ at the mother-of-two at the wake, before ‘tempers frayed’.
Prosecutor Alisdair Smith said Plummer paid no heed to his victim’s desperate pleas for him to stop during the attacks which took place a month apart.
You may also want to watch:
The second rape happened after a day at the Notting Hill Carnival.
During cross examination, Plummer agreed she was ‘an attractive young woman’ but insisted he did not make any advances to her because he was ‘more or less in a relationship at the time.’
- 1 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 2 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 3 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 4 Third stabbing in Neasden as murder investigation under way
- 5 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 6 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer
- 7 Disabled Wembley cyclist calls for more inclusivity on Brent's roads
- 8 Tributes paid to Queen's Park charity worker who died after contracting Covid
- 9 Wembley tutor takes to Instagram to help with homeschooling
- 10 Pensioner dies after crashing into a wall in Kenton
He claimed the rape claims were only made after he was assaulted at the denying attacking the victim, insisting she was ‘too young’ for him and ‘not his type’.
But a jury of eight men and four women convicted him of two counts of rape after deliberating for just over five hours.
Plummer has a string of previous convictions including theft, drug possession, fraud, causing actual bodily harm and assaulting a police officer.
He will be freed after serving half his sentence and be on the Sex Offenders Register for the rest of his life.