QPR striker Loic Remy arrested on suspicion of rape
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Footballer was held with two other men at an address in Fulham this morning
A QPR footballer has been arrested on suspicion of rape this morning.
Striker Loic Remy, 26, was held with two other men age 22 and 23 at an address in Fulham, west London.
All three are being questioned by officers from Operation Sapphire in connection with an alleged sex attack on a 34-year-old woman involving three men on May 6.
A Met spokesman said: “On the morning of May 15 three men, 26, 23, and 22, were arrested at an address in Fulham on suspicion of rape - they remain in custody at a west London police station.”
You may also want to watch:
The French international joined QPR in January for £8 million but was unable to help the team avoid relegation from the Premier League.
He is expected to leave the west London club this summer, with top clubs such as Arsenal, Tottenham and Liverpool reported to be interested in signing him.
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 New QPR signing Moses Odubajo's story so far
- 3 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 4 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 5 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 6 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 7 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 8 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 9 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 10 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man