QPR striker Loic Remy arrested on suspicion of rape
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Footballer was held with two other men at an address in Fulham this morning
A QPR footballer has been arrested on suspicion of rape this morning.
Striker Loic Remy, 26, was held with two other men age 22 and 23 at an address in Fulham, west London.
All three are being questioned by officers from Operation Sapphire in connection with an alleged sex attack on a 34-year-old woman involving three men on May 6.
A Met spokesman said: “On the morning of May 15 three men, 26, 23, and 22, were arrested at an address in Fulham on suspicion of rape - they remain in custody at a west London police station.”
You may also want to watch:
The French international joined QPR in January for £8 million but was unable to help the team avoid relegation from the Premier League.
He is expected to leave the west London club this summer, with top clubs such as Arsenal, Tottenham and Liverpool reported to be interested in signing him.
- 1 Two Brent gang members sentenced for £1.1m fraud involvement
- 2 Three men arrested and gun seized after Neasden car stop
- 3 Man shot multiple times in Dudden Hill remains in stable condition
- 4 Man rushed to hospital after shooting in Dudden Hill
- 5 Fresh appeal to find mum of newborn baby girl found in Grand Union Canal
- 6 Three Brent Labour councillors apologised for wrongdoing in 2020
- 7 Kingsbury teen appears in court charged with Brent Cross fatal stabbing
- 8 Person dies after being 'injured by a train' at Wembley station
- 9 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 10 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims