Prison sentence for Kilburn man who carried out ‘school-run’ robbery in Whetstone
- Credit: Archant
A Kilburn man who took part in a terrifying robbery on a mother and her family as she drove home from doing the school run has been jailed for six years.
Tosh Martin, 23, of Brondesbury Villas, teamed up with three other men to target the 42-year-old woman as she arrived at her home in Whetstone.
The victim was with her 10-year-old daughter and a second woman, aged 20, when they struck on February 28 this year.
As the mother parked in her drive, three men wearing masks surrounded her vehicle, with one banging on the car and ordering them to get out.
A second man pulled the driver’s door and sprayed a liquid into the mother’s face before forcing her jewellery off her hands and snatching her bag. The 20-year-old woman also had her two bags stolen.
You may also want to watch:
All three jumped into a waiting Toyota Landcruiser and sped off.
However, a witness had noted the registration plate of the car while a second bystander had seen the gang before they struck and had called the police.
- 1 Brent Council ordered to apologise and pay wheelchair user £27,000
- 2 Teenager who murdered beloved sisters in Kingsbury park jailed for life
- 3 Review: Masalchi street food restaurant in Wembley Park
- 4 Halloween: Squid Game in Wembley Park (minus bloodshed)
- 5 'It's heartbreaking': Volunteer slams Mayhew Animal Charity plans
- 6 Brent's community lead offers condolences to murdered sisters' families
- 7 Covid: Northwick Park Hospital in need of booster vaccine volunteers
- 8 Mother of murdered sisters pledges jailed teenage killer 'will not be let out'
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
The car was traced with the aid of a helicopter. All four abandoned the vehicle and fled on foot in different directions but were caught.
Police found property belonging to the victims in the abandoned Land Cruiser, which had been stolen in Kensington.
Last month at Wood Green Crown Court, Martin pleaded guilty to two counts of robbery and one count of assault.
Yesterday he was sentenced to six years .
Theo Cruikshank, 24, and Herman Yikalo, 20, both from Paddington, had previously pleaded guilty to two counts of robbery.
Cruikshank was jailed for six year and Yikalo was sentenced to four years in a Young Offenders Institute.
Wayne Pilgrim, 38, from Hackney, who admitted two counts of robbery and driving a vehicle dangerously at a previous hearing was jailed for six years and disqualified for two years for dangerous driving.
DC Yogini Patel, from Barnet Police, said: “I am pleased that justice has been done and that these men will be off our streets for a considerable period of time. The way in which they carried out this terrifying attack on a defenceless family demonstrates that they have no regard for others.
“I am certain that had they not been arrested on this occasion, they would have carried on committing similar offences.”