Prison and St Raphael’s Estate in Neasden ban for chain snatch robbers
- Credit: Archant
A pair of chain snatch robbers who targeted a pensioner have been jailed and banned from entering a housing estate in Neasden where they struck.
Cameo Joseph, 21, of Cranhurst Road, Willesden, Jamal Greenland, 24, of no fixed address, pushed the 73-year-old woman to the ground and ripped a gold chain from her neck as she walked in Rainsborough Close on the St Raphael’s Estate.
The fled the scene on pedal bicycles in July last year.
Both men were identified on CCTV and arrested the following day.
This week they were found guilty of robbery at Harrow Crown Court and sentenced to four years each.
You may also want to watch:
They have also been given an Asbo banning them from associating with each other or entering St Raphael’s Estate for three years after they are released.
Acting Police Sergeant Sammi Elfituri, from Stonebridge Safer Neighbourhoods Team, said: “Brent Police will not tolerate such crime and will relentlessly hunt down the perpetrators and bring them to justice.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 4 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 5 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 6 QPR were soft in heavy Fulham defeat says boss Warburton
- 7 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 8 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed
- 9 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
- 10 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
“The safety of the community is always our primary concern.
“I would like to thank the victim and her family for their bravery and unwavering support.”