Prison and St Raphael’s Estate in Neasden ban for chain snatch robbers
- Credit: Archant
A pair of chain snatch robbers who targeted a pensioner have been jailed and banned from entering a housing estate in Neasden where they struck.
Cameo Joseph, 21, of Cranhurst Road, Willesden, Jamal Greenland, 24, of no fixed address, pushed the 73-year-old woman to the ground and ripped a gold chain from her neck as she walked in Rainsborough Close on the St Raphael’s Estate.
The fled the scene on pedal bicycles in July last year.
Both men were identified on CCTV and arrested the following day.
This week they were found guilty of robbery at Harrow Crown Court and sentenced to four years each.
They have also been given an Asbo banning them from associating with each other or entering St Raphael’s Estate for three years after they are released.
Acting Police Sergeant Sammi Elfituri, from Stonebridge Safer Neighbourhoods Team, said: “Brent Police will not tolerate such crime and will relentlessly hunt down the perpetrators and bring them to justice.
- 1 Most wanted: 6 people sought in connection with 10 robberies across London
- 2 2 men attacked by group after fight breaks out at Queensbury Tube Station
- 3 Two charged after police discharge taser during Kingsbury vehicle stop
- 4 Plan for creating 25,500 homes around 'HS2 Superhub' passed
- 5 Flats approved for Brondesbury Park
- 6 Wembley school opens new special educational needs facility
- 7 The Fellowship: Highly charged look at the children of Windrush
- 8 Road closed after man's death in Willesden
- 9 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 10 Plea date set for men accused of fatal stabbing in Neasden
“The safety of the community is always our primary concern.
“I would like to thank the victim and her family for their bravery and unwavering support.”