Prison and St Raphael’s Estate in Neasden ban for chain snatch robbers
- Credit: Archant
A pair of chain snatch robbers who targeted a pensioner have been jailed and banned from entering a housing estate in Neasden where they struck.
Cameo Joseph, 21, of Cranhurst Road, Willesden, Jamal Greenland, 24, of no fixed address, pushed the 73-year-old woman to the ground and ripped a gold chain from her neck as she walked in Rainsborough Close on the St Raphael’s Estate.
The fled the scene on pedal bicycles in July last year.
Both men were identified on CCTV and arrested the following day.
This week they were found guilty of robbery at Harrow Crown Court and sentenced to four years each.
You may also want to watch:
They have also been given an Asbo banning them from associating with each other or entering St Raphael’s Estate for three years after they are released.
Acting Police Sergeant Sammi Elfituri, from Stonebridge Safer Neighbourhoods Team, said: “Brent Police will not tolerate such crime and will relentlessly hunt down the perpetrators and bring them to justice.
- 1 Brent Council worker Vithun Illankovan on his time in The Circle
- 2 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 3 Homeless in Brent, Covid and Ramadan support
- 4 Brent mother of murdered schoolboy Quamari urges public to report knife crime
- 5 QPR boss Warburton praises hard-working Dykes
- 6 Lessons from the Covid pandemic: we need a revolution!
- 7 Wembley Stadium wins approval to hold more events
- 8 Six years ago today, it was knocked down - next week the Carlton reopens
- 9 Brent arts organisations awarded over £1m in Covid recovery funding
- 10 Brent Council to issue water bill refunds to council tenants
“The safety of the community is always our primary concern.
“I would like to thank the victim and her family for their bravery and unwavering support.”