Prison and St Raphael’s Estate in Neasden ban for chain snatch robbers
- Credit: Archant
A pair of chain snatch robbers who targeted a pensioner have been jailed and banned from entering a housing estate in Neasden where they struck.
Cameo Joseph, 21, of Cranhurst Road, Willesden, Jamal Greenland, 24, of no fixed address, pushed the 73-year-old woman to the ground and ripped a gold chain from her neck as she walked in Rainsborough Close on the St Raphael’s Estate.
The fled the scene on pedal bicycles in July last year.
Both men were identified on CCTV and arrested the following day.
This week they were found guilty of robbery at Harrow Crown Court and sentenced to four years each.
You may also want to watch:
They have also been given an Asbo banning them from associating with each other or entering St Raphael’s Estate for three years after they are released.
Acting Police Sergeant Sammi Elfituri, from Stonebridge Safer Neighbourhoods Team, said: “Brent Police will not tolerate such crime and will relentlessly hunt down the perpetrators and bring them to justice.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 3 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 4 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 5 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 6 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 7 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 8 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 9 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 10 Kilburn residents forced to flee homes after flash floods
“The safety of the community is always our primary concern.
“I would like to thank the victim and her family for their bravery and unwavering support.”