Pregnant woman who was stabbed in Wembley delivers baby – but has ‘life-changing’ injuries
- Credit: Archant
A pregnant woman was stabbed in Wembley High Road, leaving her with life-changing injuries and her baby seriously ill after being delivered immediately.
The new mother’s suspected attacker was found critically injured nearby. Police say they don’t believe anyone else was involved.
Emergency services were called to an address in the high road at 11.20pm on Sunday.
On entering the property they found the pregnant victim, in her 30s, with a stab wound. She was taken to hospital, where her child was delivered.
The mother’s injuries are life-changing but not life-threatening, said police, and her child is in a serious but stable condition,
You may also want to watch:
A man in his 50s was found hanged near where the woman was attacked. He was taken immediately to hospital in a critical condition but died on Tuesday.
The case has been referred to police watchdog the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC).
- 1 Mum's 'desperate' fundraiser as 15 families face eviction in Stonebridge
- 2 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 3 Election candidate 'should be disqualified' for lockdown visit, say opposition
- 4 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 5 Pictures: Snow arrives covering Gladstone Park and Neasden Temple
- 6 Estate agents volunteer at Wembley Park's Covid vaccine centre
- 7 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 8 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 9 Health chief praises staff 'flying' across Brent and Camden to vaccinate housebound residents
- 10 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
Do you know the victim? Call Nathalie on 020 7433 0134 or email email@example.com