Pregnant woman who was stabbed in Wembley delivers baby – but has ‘life-changing’ injuries
- Credit: Archant
A pregnant woman was stabbed in Wembley High Road, leaving her with life-changing injuries and her baby seriously ill after being delivered immediately.
The new mother’s suspected attacker was found critically injured nearby. Police say they don’t believe anyone else was involved.
Emergency services were called to an address in the high road at 11.20pm on Sunday.
On entering the property they found the pregnant victim, in her 30s, with a stab wound. She was taken to hospital, where her child was delivered.
The mother’s injuries are life-changing but not life-threatening, said police, and her child is in a serious but stable condition,
You may also want to watch:
A man in his 50s was found hanged near where the woman was attacked. He was taken immediately to hospital in a critical condition but died on Tuesday.
The case has been referred to police watchdog the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC).
- 1 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 2 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 3 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 4 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 5 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 6 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 7 Election 2021: All the candidates for mayor of London
- 8 Habitual car thief jailed for six months after stealing 11 vehicles
- 9 Vale Farm Sports Centre offering facilities for free from May 17
- 10 Man, 40, stabbed to death in Willesden
Do you know the victim? Call Nathalie on 020 7433 0134 or email email@example.com