Pregnant woman who was stabbed in Wembley delivers baby – but has ‘life-changing’ injuries
- Credit: Archant
A pregnant woman was stabbed in Wembley High Road, leaving her with life-changing injuries and her baby seriously ill after being delivered immediately.
The new mother’s suspected attacker was found critically injured nearby. Police say they don’t believe anyone else was involved.
Emergency services were called to an address in the high road at 11.20pm on Sunday.
On entering the property they found the pregnant victim, in her 30s, with a stab wound. She was taken to hospital, where her child was delivered.
The mother’s injuries are life-changing but not life-threatening, said police, and her child is in a serious but stable condition,
You may also want to watch:
A man in his 50s was found hanged near where the woman was attacked. He was taken immediately to hospital in a critical condition but died on Tuesday.
The case has been referred to police watchdog the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC).
- 1 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 2 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 3 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 4 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 5 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 6 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 7 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent cafe revealed
- 8 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 9 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 10 'Erratic, violent' man given indefinite hospital order for killing 'friendly' neighbour in Wembley
Do you know the victim? Call Nathalie on 020 7433 0134 or email email@example.com