Pregnant woman who was stabbed in Wembley delivers baby – but has ‘life-changing’ injuries
- Credit: Archant
A pregnant woman was stabbed in Wembley High Road, leaving her with life-changing injuries and her baby seriously ill after being delivered immediately.
The new mother’s suspected attacker was found critically injured nearby. Police say they don’t believe anyone else was involved.
Emergency services were called to an address in the high road at 11.20pm on Sunday.
On entering the property they found the pregnant victim, in her 30s, with a stab wound. She was taken to hospital, where her child was delivered.
The mother’s injuries are life-changing but not life-threatening, said police, and her child is in a serious but stable condition,
A man in his 50s was found hanged near where the woman was attacked. He was taken immediately to hospital in a critical condition but died on Tuesday.
The case has been referred to police watchdog the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC).
- 1 Teenager killed in Stonebridge after collision with a car
- 2 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
- 3 Below-par QPR found a way to win at Coventry says Warburton
- 4 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 5 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
- 6 Brent LTN removal set to be financed from 'existing council budgets'
- 7 Sudbury: Plan for 52 one-bed flats falls through after appeal
- 8 Adomah's late goal wins it for QPR at Coventry
- 9 Residents lose appeal to save Brent leisure centre
- 10 Wembley man who used child to sell drugs due in court
Do you know the victim? Call Nathalie on 020 7433 0134 or email firstname.lastname@example.org