Police shut down crack den in Stonebridge
- Credit: Archant
Police have closed down a crack den in Stonebridge after neighbours complained of drug users intimidating them by fighting, shouting and urinating in the street.
Officers from Brent Police led a multi-agency raid on the property in Albert Terrace off Milton Avenue in Stonebridge on Wednesday September 16 after receiving repeated reports of Class-A drug abuse, noise disturbance and anti-social behaviour at all hours of the day and night.
Police officers teamed up with the Stonebridge Safer Neighbourhoods and Brent Community Safety Teams to secure an order banning use of the house for the next three months.
Sergeant Damien Smith from Stonebridge Safer Neighbourhoods Team said: “Working in partnership with a number of agencies and local residents we have been able to obtain sufficient evidence to close this property for 90 days. Local residents have been subjected to noise nuisance and drug users visiting the address at all hours.
“The successful closure sends out a clear message that we listen to our community and act upon the information they provide so we can improve the quality of life of Brent residents.
Cllr James Denselow, Brent Council’s Cabinet Member for Stronger Communities, said: “Brent Council staff and police officers work hand in glove, sharing an office and relying on a well-developed network of community intelligence to spot any problem premises early.
“As well as using the legislation to shut down crack houses, we work hard in signposting individual drug users into support and treatment, to address the underlying causes, not just the symptoms.
- 1 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 2 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 3 Call for investment in 'joke' Harlesden park
- 4 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 5 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 6 Police officer sacked after she 'failed' woman murdered by husband
- 7 Second man charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Labour accused of 'power grab' move over committee appointments
- 10 Jubilee street party in Wembley
“Organised drug dens and crack houses are a blight though, and we’ll continue to close them down.”