Police seize two suspected pitbulls after raiding an address in Harlesden
Dogs will be tested to determine their breed
Police have seized two suspected pitbulls after raiding an address in Harlesden.
Harlesden Safer Neighbourhoods Team (SNT) confiscated the dogs from a property in St John’s Road in response to complaints from neighbours.
A 22-year-old man who was at the address was given a cannabis warning after police discovered a small quantity of the class B drug.
PC Lee Tyrrell from Harlesden SNT said: “I would like to reassure the public that we take reports of dangerous dogs very seriously and will not tolerate animals being mistreated or being used for criminal purposes.
“We will continue to make Brent safer for residents and visitors.”
The dogs will undergo tests to detrmine their breed.
- 1 Three found guilty of murder for involvement in fatal gunfight
- 2 A Level results 2022: Brent schools as they come in
- 3 Brent triple shooting leaves victims in hospital
- 4 ‘A Windrush Lioness’: Tributes paid to Harlesden resident Lera Clarke
- 5 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 6 Man shot in his heart outside Queen's Park flats named
- 7 Victim speaks out after Hampstead machete robbery
- 8 Pensioner dies and bus passengers injured in Wembley collision
- 9 'Predator' acted as masseur to assault women
- 10 Harlesden bar's licence suspended following fights and noise
Anyone with concerns about a dangerous dog or the mistreatment of dogs should contact their local Safer Neighbourhoods Team in confidence on 101, visit www.met.police.uk/saferneighbourhoods/ or call Crimestoppers anonymously.