Police seize two suspected pitbulls after raiding an address in Harlesden
Dogs will be tested to determine their breed
Police have seized two suspected pitbulls after raiding an address in Harlesden.
Harlesden Safer Neighbourhoods Team (SNT) confiscated the dogs from a property in St John’s Road in response to complaints from neighbours.
A 22-year-old man who was at the address was given a cannabis warning after police discovered a small quantity of the class B drug.
PC Lee Tyrrell from Harlesden SNT said: “I would like to reassure the public that we take reports of dangerous dogs very seriously and will not tolerate animals being mistreated or being used for criminal purposes.
You may also want to watch:
“We will continue to make Brent safer for residents and visitors.”
The dogs will undergo tests to detrmine their breed.
- 1 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 2 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 3 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 4 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 5 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 6 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent cafe revealed
- 7 Mark Warburton insists QPR on right track despite Bristol City defeat
- 8 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 9 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 10 Hospitality Day: Your favourite restaurant... REVEALED
Anyone with concerns about a dangerous dog or the mistreatment of dogs should contact their local Safer Neighbourhoods Team in confidence on 101, visit www.met.police.uk/saferneighbourhoods/ or call Crimestoppers anonymously.