Police seize submachine gun and ammunition at an address in Brent Cross
Discovery was made as part of Operation Stimtone which is targeting criminal gangs
Police have seized two guns and ammunition at an address in Brent Cross during a series of raids targeting criminal gangs.
Officers uncovered a Military style submachine gun, a handgun and more than 300 rounds of ammunition after storming the property yesterday.
A 28–year-old man was arrested on suspicion of firearm offences and is currently in custody.
The recovered firearms are being sent for tests to see if they have been used in any crimes.
You may also want to watch:
The raid was carried out as part of Operation Stimtone by the Met’s Trident Gang Crime Command.
Detective Chief Superintendent Dean Haydon, Head of Trident, said: “The seizure of these firearms by Trident, supported by specialist firearms officers, has removed a significant threat to public safety. Trident officers continually target the suppliers of lethal firearms, protecting the public by removing guns from the hands of organised criminals and gangs.
- 1 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 2 Four further arrests in connection with Sven Badzak stabbing
- 3 Immigration status forces Brent homeless back on the streets
- 4 Raheem Sterling sends good luck message ahead of Wembley Super League
- 5 Campaigners protest over GP takeovers in Willesden and Wembley
- 6 New Italian restaurant licence in Kensal Green approved
- 7 Cancer Black Care saved from closure with new funding
- 8 The Old Bell reopens in Kilburn with a much larger beer garden
- 9 Battle is on for Brondesbury Park as May 6 by-election nears
- 10 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
“We will continue to do all we can to recover illegally held firearms and to arrest and prosecute those who possess such weapons or supply them to others.”
So far, the operation has resulted in the seizure of �280,400 in cash, including more than �100,000 at one address in Essex alone; and a number of high-value goods have been confiscated including three BMWs and two Mercedes from one business address in Havering.