Police seize 12 stun guns disguised as phones, cut-throat razors and 62 knives including machetes in Brent and Westminster swoop
- Credit: Archant
Police raiding two properties in Brent and Westminster have discovered a huge cache of dangerous weapons including guns and a stash of 62 knives.
Officers leading the search on Monday afternoon found 12 stun guns disguised as key fobs, mobile phones and torches alongside cut-throat razors destined for use by criminal gangs.
Police searching the boot of a car at one of the properties seized 62 knives including machetes, flick knives and dangerous combat knives as well as a number of batons and martial arts weapons.
The seizure comes after Detective Chief Superintendent Dean Haydon, who leads the Trident Gang Crime Command said: “Tackling knife crime is a key priority for the Met. Every week, officers from across London carry out enforcement activity, and educational programmes aimed at prevention are regularly delivered to young people.
“The people of London can expect to see lots of coordinated and intelligence-led police activity over the coming week. We will be carrying out a variety of operations including weapon sweeps and stop and search; as well as targeting known offenders.”
You may also want to watch:
A 39-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of possessing firearms and offensive weapons and is in custody at a West London Police station.
- 1 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 2 Immigration status forces Brent homeless back on the streets
- 3 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
- 4 Litter crusader launches mission to clean up Wembley
- 5 QPR motivated by 'nothing to play for' talk says Warburton
- 6 Man taken to hospital following fire in Willesden
- 7 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 8 The Old Bell reopens in Kilburn with a much larger beer garden
- 9 Woman and child in hospital after carbon monoxide leak in Harlesden
- 10 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid