Police seize 12 stun guns disguised as phones, cut-throat razors and 62 knives including machetes in Brent and Westminster swoop
- Credit: Archant
Police raiding two properties in Brent and Westminster have discovered a huge cache of dangerous weapons including guns and a stash of 62 knives.
Officers leading the search on Monday afternoon found 12 stun guns disguised as key fobs, mobile phones and torches alongside cut-throat razors destined for use by criminal gangs.
Police searching the boot of a car at one of the properties seized 62 knives including machetes, flick knives and dangerous combat knives as well as a number of batons and martial arts weapons.
The seizure comes after Detective Chief Superintendent Dean Haydon, who leads the Trident Gang Crime Command said: “Tackling knife crime is a key priority for the Met. Every week, officers from across London carry out enforcement activity, and educational programmes aimed at prevention are regularly delivered to young people.
“The people of London can expect to see lots of coordinated and intelligence-led police activity over the coming week. We will be carrying out a variety of operations including weapon sweeps and stop and search; as well as targeting known offenders.”
You may also want to watch:
A 39-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of possessing firearms and offensive weapons and is in custody at a West London Police station.
- 1 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 2 Third stabbing in Neasden as murder investigation under way
- 3 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 4 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 5 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer
- 6 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 7 Disabled Wembley cyclist calls for more inclusivity on Brent's roads
- 8 Pensioner dies after crashing into a wall in Kenton
- 9 Wembley tutor takes to Instagram to help with homeschooling
- 10 Man dies after stabbing in Brent