Police release images of two teenagers they want to trace in connection with Colindale man’s murder probe
- Credit: Archant
Police have released CCTV stills of two young men they wish to speak to in connection with the “unprovoked” killing of a shop worker in Mill Hill.
Vijay Patel, 49, from Colindale, died in hospital on January 8 after being found injured in The Broadway at 11.45pm two days earlier. A 16-year-old boy from Brent, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was arrested on January 7 and charged with Mr Patel’s murder the following day.
The two people police wish to trace have been described as black teenagers, with one of them wearing a red sweatshirt, black jeans and white trainers.
The other was wearing a dark coloured hooded sweatshirt or jacket and dark coloured jeans – and carrying a Nike rucksack.
Det Insp Ian Lott of the Met’s murder squad said: “We are releasing CCTV images of two male youths who were in the shop during the initial dispute and were outside at the time Vijay Patel was assaulted.
You may also want to watch:
“This was an unprovoked and wholly unnecessary attack on a man who was just trying to do his job. It is vitally important that these two males are traced as they undoubtedly have information that could assist our investigation.
“While one male has been charged with Vijay’s murder, I still need the public’s help to ensure all those who were involved in this incident are identified and held to account for their actions.”
- 1 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 2 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 3 View from the community - 'Could another riot happen?'
- 4 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 5 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 6 Former Brent school boy Tom Dean beats Covid to win Gold at the Tokyo Olympics
- 7 Letter on banning wearing of religious symbols
- 8 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 9 Tom Dean wins second Tokyo 2020 gold with 4x200m relay victory
- 10 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
A post mortem is scheduled to take place at Northwick Park Hospital mortuary tomorrow.