Police release CCTV after teenager left with fractured skull in Cricklewood
- Credit: Archant
Detectives in Brent have released CCTV footage of three men they would like to speak to after a man was left with ‘life changing injuries’ following a hammer attack
Police were called shortly before 17:30pm to an assault on Oaklands Passage in Cricklewood, Brent on August 2 last year.
They gave first aid to a 19-year-old man who had been assaulted by three men, one of whom used a hammer.
The victim suffered life changing injuries including a fractured skull and continues to have seizures as a result.
At approximately 17:20pm, three suspects approached the victim in an alleyway.
As one of the suspects punched the victim in the face, the other two pushed and kicked him to the floor.
They continued to hit him in the head in an unprovoked and vicious attack. One of the suspects repeatedly used a hammer.
- 1 Maida Vale victims named as alleged suspect released on bail
- 2 Teenager killed in Stonebridge after collision with a car
- 3 'Lucky escape': Four flee Wembley house fire where smoke alarms weren't working
- 4 Have your say on proposed changes to constituencies in Brent
- 5 Brent cycling group calls to improve rather than remove LTNs
- 6 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of murder following Maida Vale deaths
- 8 Stonebridge community group to keep fighting after losing Bridge Park appeal
- 9 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 10 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
One of the suspects then further assaulted the man with a glass bottle, before leaving him bleeding on the floor.
CCTV shows the suspects walk into and out of the alley. The suspects then ran off towards Cricklewood Broadway.
The London Ambulance Service took the victim to a central London hospital for treatment.
The first suspect is an Asian man, wearing a black jacket, black tracksuit trousers with ‘Adidas’ written down the side and black trainers with white soles. He was carrying a blue ‘man bag’.
“Suspect two” is described as an Asian man, wearing a grey tracksuit and trainers.
The third suspect is described as a tall Asian man wearing a black jacket, grey tracksuit trousers with a white stripe down the side and black trainers.
Detective Constable Rupy Ghatrora, from Brent CID, said: “This is a shocking incident that has left the victim with life changing injuries. We are keen to identify the three men in the CCTV footage so we can speak to them about the incident. We would also urge anyone who witnessed the incident to contact us.”
Anyone with information or any witnesses are urged to call police on 101 or by tweeting at @MetCC or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.