Police raid Brent homes in clampdown on burglary in Barnet
A total of 27 people arrested in Operation Galaxy initiative this morning
Police have carried out dawn raids in the borough as part of a clampdown on suspected burglars targeting home in Barnet.
A total of 27 people were arrested after officers stormed 49 addresses in Brent, Barnet, Camden, Haringey, Harrow, Enfield, Hackney, Westminster, Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire in the early hours of this morning (Wednesday).
In addition to the arrests, around �10,000 was seized at an address in Westminster.
The raids took place as part of Operation Galaxy, an initative set up in October 2010 which targets burglars carrying out their crime in Barnet, many of whom are suspected of living in neighbouring borough.
You may also want to watch:
Similar raids which took place in July saw 85 arrests at 52 addresses, resulting in more than 350 charges.
More than �400,000 worth of stolen property has been recovered during the raids.
- 1 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 2 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
- 3 Man taken to hospital following fire in Willesden
- 4 Woman and child in hospital after carbon monoxide leak in Harlesden
- 5 Dykes strikes late as QPR down Swansea
- 6 QPR motivated by 'nothing to play for' talk says Warburton
- 7 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
- 8 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 9 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 10 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
Commander Mak Chishty, Link Commander for Barnet Police, said: “This morning’s operation is a clear warning to all burglars that we will do everything in our power to catch and convict them. House burglary carries a significant imprisonment so be warned.”