Police raid Brent homes in clampdown on burglary in Barnet
A total of 27 people arrested in Operation Galaxy initiative this morning
Police have carried out dawn raids in the borough as part of a clampdown on suspected burglars targeting home in Barnet.
A total of 27 people were arrested after officers stormed 49 addresses in Brent, Barnet, Camden, Haringey, Harrow, Enfield, Hackney, Westminster, Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire in the early hours of this morning (Wednesday).
In addition to the arrests, around �10,000 was seized at an address in Westminster.
The raids took place as part of Operation Galaxy, an initative set up in October 2010 which targets burglars carrying out their crime in Barnet, many of whom are suspected of living in neighbouring borough.
You may also want to watch:
Similar raids which took place in July saw 85 arrests at 52 addresses, resulting in more than 350 charges.
More than �400,000 worth of stolen property has been recovered during the raids.
- 1 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 2 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 3 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 4 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent cafe revealed
- 5 Hospitality Day: Your favourite restaurant... REVEALED
- 6 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 7 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 8 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 9 Stabbed 7-year-old girl meets police officers who saved her life
- 10 'Erratic, violent' man given indefinite hospital order for killing 'friendly' neighbour in Wembley
Commander Mak Chishty, Link Commander for Barnet Police, said: “This morning’s operation is a clear warning to all burglars that we will do everything in our power to catch and convict them. House burglary carries a significant imprisonment so be warned.”