Police probe video showing violent clash between Chelsea and Spurs fans in Wembley
- Credit: Archant
Detectives are investigating a video which shows a fight between rival football fans at Wembley Park Tube station.
The short clip, uploaded on to video sharing website YouTube yesterday, features a man violently punching another fan, following the Capital One Cup final on Sunday.
The match held at Wembley Stadium saw Chelsea beat Tottenham Hotspur 2-0.
During the footage Chelsea and Spurs fans are seen chanting at each other from across the tracks before a fight erupts between two men on the same platform.
Police arrive at the scene after the clash is over.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for British Transport police told the Times two men aged 40 and 35 from Brighton were arrested on suspicion of assault and have been bailed to return o police station on April 1.
Adding that the arrests were not being linked to the fight shown in the video, he said: “We are aware of the video, which is being studied by officers.”
- 1 Immigration status forces Brent homeless back on the streets
- 2 Raheem Sterling sends good luck message ahead of Wembley Super League
- 3 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 4 New Italian restaurant licence in Kensal Green approved
- 5 The Old Bell reopens in Kilburn with a much larger beer garden
- 6 Four further arrests in connection with Sven Badzak stabbing
- 7 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
- 8 Cancer Black Care saved from closure with new funding
- 9 Litter crusader launches mission to clean up Wembley
- 10 Man taken to hospital following fire in Willesden