Police probe video showing violent clash between Chelsea and Spurs fans in Wembley
- Credit: Archant
Detectives are investigating a video which shows a fight between rival football fans at Wembley Park Tube station.
The short clip, uploaded on to video sharing website YouTube yesterday, features a man violently punching another fan, following the Capital One Cup final on Sunday.
The match held at Wembley Stadium saw Chelsea beat Tottenham Hotspur 2-0.
During the footage Chelsea and Spurs fans are seen chanting at each other from across the tracks before a fight erupts between two men on the same platform.
Police arrive at the scene after the clash is over.
A spokesman for British Transport police told the Times two men aged 40 and 35 from Brighton were arrested on suspicion of assault and have been bailed to return o police station on April 1.
Adding that the arrests were not being linked to the fight shown in the video, he said: “We are aware of the video, which is being studied by officers.”
- 1 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 2 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 3 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 4 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 5 Man stabbed in Harlesden High Street
- 6 Almost 800 homes to be built next to Wembley Stadium
- 7 Wembley fitness instructor stopped man taking his own life
- 8 New Brent baby bank to support 40 families per week
- 9 'It's about belief," says QPR boss ahead of Stoke clash
- 10 Dogs kill 'much-loved pet' in Brent park attack