Police probe video showing violent clash between Chelsea and Spurs fans in Wembley
- Credit: Archant
Detectives are investigating a video which shows a fight between rival football fans at Wembley Park Tube station.
The short clip, uploaded on to video sharing website YouTube yesterday, features a man violently punching another fan, following the Capital One Cup final on Sunday.
The match held at Wembley Stadium saw Chelsea beat Tottenham Hotspur 2-0.
During the footage Chelsea and Spurs fans are seen chanting at each other from across the tracks before a fight erupts between two men on the same platform.
Police arrive at the scene after the clash is over.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for British Transport police told the Times two men aged 40 and 35 from Brighton were arrested on suspicion of assault and have been bailed to return o police station on April 1.
Adding that the arrests were not being linked to the fight shown in the video, he said: “We are aware of the video, which is being studied by officers.”
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 3 Traffic disruption in Brent from August 2-8
- 4 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 5 New QPR signing Moses Odubajo's story so far
- 6 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 7 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 8 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 9 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 10 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead