Police probe video showing violent clash between Chelsea and Spurs fans in Wembley
- Credit: Archant
Detectives are investigating a video which shows a fight between rival football fans at Wembley Park Tube station.
The short clip, uploaded on to video sharing website YouTube yesterday, features a man violently punching another fan, following the Capital One Cup final on Sunday.
The match held at Wembley Stadium saw Chelsea beat Tottenham Hotspur 2-0.
During the footage Chelsea and Spurs fans are seen chanting at each other from across the tracks before a fight erupts between two men on the same platform.
Police arrive at the scene after the clash is over.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for British Transport police told the Times two men aged 40 and 35 from Brighton were arrested on suspicion of assault and have been bailed to return o police station on April 1.
Adding that the arrests were not being linked to the fight shown in the video, he said: “We are aware of the video, which is being studied by officers.”
- 1 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 2 Two arrested in connection with fatal Neasden stabbing
- 3 Brent councillor calls for improved social distancing in supermarkets
- 4 Wembley tutor takes to Instagram to help with homeschooling
- 5 Man dies after stabbing in Brent
- 6 Fourteen fined for lockdown breach after car meet in Park Royal
- 7 QPR have match postponed at home to Wycombe due to Covid-19 precautions
- 8 Interactive Harlesden exhibition aims to make art more accessible
- 9 Wealdstone boss Brennan dubbed Gloucester City a 'very ambitious' club
- 10 Woman dies after she was found collapsed in Barham Park