Officer in hospital after driver reverses into police car in Wembley
- Credit: Archant
A police officer is in hospital after a driver she was attempting to pull over reversed his car into hers in Wembley - and then drove off.
Cops attempted to stop the Alfa Romeo at 4.10pm in Windermere Avenue because they suspected the man was driving while disqualified.
But after stopping, it reversed along the pavement and hit the police car as the officer was getting out, causing leg and neck injuries.
She was treated by medics before being taken to hospital. Scotland Yard said her condition is not life-threatening.
No arrests have been made and police are trying to track down the Alfa Romeo and the driver.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses or anyone with any information can call police on 101, quoting CAD 5316/06NOV, or tweet @MetCC. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 2 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 3 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 4 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 5 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 6 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 7 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 8 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 9 Third stabbing in Neasden as murder investigation under way
- 10 Man dies after stabbing in Brent