Officer in hospital after driver reverses into police car in Wembley
- Credit: Archant
A police officer is in hospital after a driver she was attempting to pull over reversed his car into hers in Wembley - and then drove off.
Cops attempted to stop the Alfa Romeo at 4.10pm in Windermere Avenue because they suspected the man was driving while disqualified.
But after stopping, it reversed along the pavement and hit the police car as the officer was getting out, causing leg and neck injuries.
She was treated by medics before being taken to hospital. Scotland Yard said her condition is not life-threatening.
No arrests have been made and police are trying to track down the Alfa Romeo and the driver.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses or anyone with any information can call police on 101, quoting CAD 5316/06NOV, or tweet @MetCC. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 2 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 3 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 4 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 5 Community vegetable patch in Kilburn under threat
- 6 Brent pupils raise £1,000 to support sickle cell sufferers
- 7 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 8 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 9 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 10 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium