Officer in hospital after driver reverses into police car in Wembley
- Credit: Archant
A police officer is in hospital after a driver she was attempting to pull over reversed his car into hers in Wembley - and then drove off.
Cops attempted to stop the Alfa Romeo at 4.10pm in Windermere Avenue because they suspected the man was driving while disqualified.
But after stopping, it reversed along the pavement and hit the police car as the officer was getting out, causing leg and neck injuries.
She was treated by medics before being taken to hospital. Scotland Yard said her condition is not life-threatening.
No arrests have been made and police are trying to track down the Alfa Romeo and the driver.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses or anyone with any information can call police on 101, quoting CAD 5316/06NOV, or tweet @MetCC. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 4 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 5 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 6 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 7 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 8 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 9 Man admits killing Kilburn waiter to end his days 'banged up' court hears
- 10 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'