Officer in hospital after driver reverses into police car in Wembley
- Credit: Archant
A police officer is in hospital after a driver she was attempting to pull over reversed his car into hers in Wembley - and then drove off.
Cops attempted to stop the Alfa Romeo at 4.10pm in Windermere Avenue because they suspected the man was driving while disqualified.
But after stopping, it reversed along the pavement and hit the police car as the officer was getting out, causing leg and neck injuries.
She was treated by medics before being taken to hospital. Scotland Yard said her condition is not life-threatening.
No arrests have been made and police are trying to track down the Alfa Romeo and the driver.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses or anyone with any information can call police on 101, quoting CAD 5316/06NOV, or tweet @MetCC. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 2 Brent Council worker Vithun Illankovan on his time in The Circle
- 3 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 4 QPR boss Warburton says they will be prepared for a strong Rotherham side
- 5 Homeless in Brent, Covid and Ramadan support
- 6 Hope for the Welsh Harp
- 7 Pubs in Kensal reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Six years ago today, it was knocked down - next week the Carlton reopens
- 9 Brent mother of murdered schoolboy Quamari urges public to report knife crime
- 10 Shops, hairdressers, pub gardens and gyms reopen today