Police make a ‘major breakthrough’ in Reece James-Menzies murder hunt
Wembley man was shot dead in Bournemouth last month
Detectives investigating the killing of a Brent man in Bournemouth have released CCTV images of a car spotted at the murder scene.
Reece James-Menzies from Wembley, was gunned down in the Boscombe area of the seaside town in the early hours of July 25.
The 21-year-old was shot in the face after being target in ‘a pre-mediated attack’ by gang members at around 2.30am.
In what has been described by Dorset Police as a ‘major breakthrough’, they have recovered CCTV images of a silver Audi A3 saloon driving towards the scene of the murder at around 1.30am.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Chief Inspector Kevin Connolly, investigating officer, said: “Following extensive and detailed enquiries, I am now in a position to release CCTV images of this vehicle.
“We believe that the people in this Audi A3 may have important information regarding Reece’s death and, as such, we are treating this as a major breakthrough as we work to identify his killers.
- 1 Mum's 'desperate' fundraiser as 15 families face eviction in Stonebridge
- 2 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 3 Election candidate 'should be disqualified' for lockdown visit, say opposition
- 4 Estate agents volunteer at Wembley Park's Covid vaccine centre
- 5 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 6 Pictures: Snow arrives covering Gladstone Park and Neasden Temple
- 7 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 8 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 9 Health chief praises staff 'flying' across Brent and Camden to vaccinate housebound residents
- 10 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
“I am appealing for anyone who saw this vehicle in the Boscombe area during the early hours of July 25 to contact us at the earliest possible opportunity.
“I need to identify the car’s registration number, the owner of the car, and – most importantly – the occupants within the car.”
Mr James-Menzies is believed to have travelled to Boscombe, an area notorious for crime and drugs, with friends from Brent.
After he was shot in the face, three men wearing dark coloured hooded tops and at least one was wearing a balaclava were seen running from the scene.
According to social networking sites he is known by the street ‘Stylie’ and is believed to be a member of the Church Road Soldiers (CRS) – a gang known to operate out of the Church End estate in Harlesden.
Hundreds of tributes have been left to Mr James online buy his devastated friends. One user, who has a picture of CRS on their Twitter handle, posted the message: “R.I.P Zino, Stylie G.B.N.F”. Wayne Freckleton, a member of the Church Road Soldiers who was shot and killed in Ike’s Barbershop in Harlesden in 2008 was also known as Zino.
DCI Connolly added: “The motive for this attack, as I have said before, is still not known, but I am sure that someone out there knows the identities of the offenders and I would urge them to do the right thing and speak with us.
“We understand that it is worrying for people to take the step to speak to police, but I would like to take the opportunity to reassure members of the public that any information will be treated confidentially.”
Anyone with information should call Dorset Police on 01202 22 22 22 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.