Police keen to trace man in connection with Wembley rape
- Credit: Archant
The Metropolitan Police has released details of a man they are keen to trace following an allegation of rape in Wembley 10 years ago.
Police officers would like to talk to Gonzales Santana, 58, in connection with the incident which took place in the early hours of 30 June 2004. He is of Spanish heritage but was born and raised in the UK and has a British accent.
The victim, a 20-year-old woman, had been in The Spotted Dog pub in High Road, Brent, with Mr Santana earlier that evening and left with him.
He has been known to frequent the Notting Hill area of west London in the past but is believed to move around a lot. He also has links to Bognor Regis in West Sussex, Morecambe in Lancashire and the Tiverton/Exeter area of Devon.
Investigating officer Detective Constable Stuart O’Brien, said: “We are keen to trace Mr Santana in connection with this incident. If anyone knows where he is or has any information about that evening please contact us.
You may also want to watch:
“This incident happened more than 10 years ago but has been reviewed several times over the years to ensure all lines of enquiry are being explored. The victim is naturally eager to see her attacker convicted and the Met remains committed to solving this case.”
Anyone who can help is asked to contact police on 020 7161 2834 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 2 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 3 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 4 View from the community - 'Could another riot happen?'
- 5 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 6 Former Brent school boy Tom Dean beats Covid to win Gold at the Tokyo Olympics
- 7 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 8 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 9 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 10 Letter on Kilburn Square