Police appeal for information in connection with nine sexual assaults in Cricklewood
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Police have told women in Cricklewood to be alert while walking in the area at night, as they investigate nine linked sexual assaults.
The Met is looking for information into the incidents between February and September this year, where women have been approached and sexually assaulted by a man.
These have mainly occurred at weekends, as women are walking in the street from Willesden Green tube station.
During the incidents, a man approaches the women and tries to engage them in conversation, asking for a kiss or a hug, before touching them.
Police are looking for a black man, of medium build, who is aged in his 20s-30s and wearing dark clothing.
You may also want to watch:
Det Con Laura Avery of Brent CID said: “This a series of shocking sexual assaults on lone women and I am appealing for anyone who has information that could help identify and apprehend this suspect to contact police immediately.
“I would also appeal to women in the local area to take care when they are walking, especially if they are alone. Always stick to well lit streets; if possible, let someone know when you are coming home and the route you are taking and always be alert in your surroundings so don’t use earphones or handheld devices.”
- 1 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 2 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 3 Former Brent school boy Tom Dean beats Covid to win Gold at the Tokyo Olympics
- 4 View from the chamber - 'The recycling centre is just inside the new ULEZ boundary'
- 5 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 6 Tom Dean wins second Tokyo 2020 gold with 4x200m relay victory
- 7 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 8 Letter on banning wearing of religious symbols
- 9 Wembley Football League supported by Raheem Sterling sees drama on finals day
- 10 Kilburn grandmother hears 'terrific bang' as bathroom ceiling collapses
A 37-year-old man was arrested in July 19 on suspicion of sexual assault. He has since been released under investigation.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Brent CID on 07747476161 or can call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.